passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sekiro/Want/Bin April 19

Jimboxy

Play

Sekiro - it’s a battle for sure, and forces you to play it properly and not cheese it like you can in Souls or Bloodborne. I’ll go back to it when my head’s ready to take on the precision it requires.

What Became of Edith Finch - a charming, lovely but also heartbreaking little gem of a game.

Also dabbled in Fallout 3 & 4, Prey reboot, Dangerous Driving, Strange Brigade with illdog and The Surge.

Want

To get fit again. And I’ll repeat the call out for desert island visitors.

Bin

I did a 96 hour week in work which nearly broke me. No time to play anything and came out the other end with a cold.

Play

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Miyazaki and From at their impervious best. An absolutely phenomenal masterpiece. Cannot stop thinking about this game when I’m not playing it,

Want

Days Gone - Looking forward to this a lot, only a few weeks left to go.

Mortal Kombat 11 - Really think this’ll be an absolutely amazing fighting game, NRS are the best in the business in my view.

Ghost of Tsushima, The Last of Us Part 2, Death Stranding - GOAT Contenders.

Bin

Letting Managers - They’re useless.

Play - The Division 2

It took me a while to get into the flow of the game with so much to acknowledge and the new changes but really loving it right now. Co-op is great as well as solo and will aim to get to the end game stuff soon and will go for the Platinum too.

Nioh

A bit brutal for my skill  and tastes but loving it still and the atmosphere is great. I doubt think I'm ready for Sekiro yet but if i get anywhere with this game i may have another crack at Bloodborne. I wimped out of that one. 

Want -

Borderlands 3

Huge fan of the games and cannot wait to get stuck into this come the latter end off the year. Looks like the previous ones so fairly confident Gearbox will deliver. Will pick up the Borderlands remaster when the price drops. 

Playstation Pro

Got the 4K TV so just need this to get the full benefits but wary of imminent PS5 announcements. 

Bin -

Deafness

I've been half deaf since birth due to my ear bones fused together but have been advised that technology had moved forward enough to try out a hearing aid on Monday for 6 months. If that doesn't work then I may have the Bone Anchor Heading Aid fitted to my skull... not sure how  I feel about that apart from looking like a shit Universal Soldier. 

Sekiro

[EDIT] I beat Sekiro so should probably add to this ?

Play

Yoshi’s Crafted Work and Nier Automata. I’ll pribably throw God of War I’m there too. 

Want

To get the platinum on Sekiro. Shouldn’t be too difficult now.

Also I want to lose weight. My brother’s wedding is coming up and I bought my suit the other day and look like the fucking Fat Controller. 

Bin

Being unemployed. I’ve been unemployed for over one year now and it’s really getting to me. Everything I’ve applied for has been ignored or rejected. I’ve had one interview (for LADbible of all places) but that’s it. Even my old employer is ignoring my applications. It’s getting too much now. 

Play

Golf Story, still, on account of trying to clear some backlog. Over 12 hours in and still a while to go somehow. I think it’s my favourite switch indie title. Or indeed any indie game ever I guess.

Want

To lose weight and have my own place.

Bin

Division 2 because the matchmaking is useless. I never had any problems with the first but this takes forever or just doesn’t work. To play with randoms I have to settle for doing something I don’t want to do or end up accepting an invite that loads me up into a game leagues ahead of me and making me feel like it’s ruining the game for me ☹️ So I’m selling it, fuck it. 

Play

Zelda BotW - just started this, turns out people may have been right about it. Already seems pretty special even from my short time with it. 

DmC - Finished the main game, going through Vergil’s Downfall now. Still awesome. 

Driveclub - Folling the news they’re going to be shutting down servers and taking off sale soon made me fire it up again before it gets crippled. Still bloody fantastic! Been a real lack of arcadey but semi serious racing games like PGR this gen so it’s a good job this one is so brilliant. Love having proper well designed made up road courses too instead of the usual real life tracks or another damn open world - which IMO are never as good. Even the excellent  Horizon games.

Want

Mortal Kombat 11 - Gimme, gimme, gimme!!! Can’t wait! 

Bin

Unnecessary stamina bars. Hate them! Just let me run around in zelda! The world is massive, I don’t need slowing down waiting for a stupid green circle to refil. Don’t mind it for climbing and gliding as a restriction but it’s just not needed for running around.  

New Super Mario U Deluxe - 4 worlds in. It’s not bad, it’s not great. It’s just a bit dull and boring. Edit - moved from play, got a bit further and decided to sack it off, not doing anything for me at all. 

Play

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Three weeks in and I’ve been thoroughly enjoying this, occasional crashes aside. I’ll update this later.

Want

Classes to start. Spring vacation has been tedious, this week in particular.

Bin

Nowt

PLAY

EDF5 – Around the half way mark on normal and it's starting to ramp things up. When this game goes all out, there's nothing quite like it. 

Terraforming Mars – A great digital version of a fantastic board game.

WANT

Rage 2. 

Baba is You - Hearing great things about this.

BIN

Sekiro - Had a week or so off this and coming back to it is just frustrating. I may go back to it at some point but the momentum/interest is gone.

PLAY

The Division 2 - I'm just about to hit the end - game. I've loved it. I think Massive are the first devs to crack how to launch these type of games. I'm looking forward to what they'll be adding instead of worrying about lack of content or stuff being fixed.

Sekiro - I've only played about 3 hours but i've liked what i've played.

Outward - It's janky and it's not very pretty in parts but this seems to a counter to a lot of problems I have with modern open world RPGs for example extreme hand holding, the actual exploring being part being a tad boring etc.. 

WANT

RAGE 2 -  I wasn't fussed about this at all but the recent videos they've released with the sandbox gunplay have perked my interest. 

Heaven's Vault - The 80 days guys new game. The characters and premise for this look pretty interesting and unique. 

Bin

Being far too busy with work and life stuff - I have to choose if i want to game or have a decent nights sleep. 

Play

Enter the Gungeon

Playing the new update.  There's not much in terms of areas but there are a load of new guns, items and balence changes.  I've not unlocked much yet because I'm rusty and need some more time to git gud again. 

GRIP

Played this a little.  Pretty fun so far but I have a little issue with the handling. 

Pixel Puzzle Collection 

It's the Picross clone on mobile.  I've been playing it loads as it is a good version and there are so many puzzles.  And free! 

Warframe 

Just when I think I've had enough I get pulled back in. 

Want

Cuphead

Looking forward to finally playing this when it comes to Switch. 

Katana Zero

With all these cool indie action games, you are spoiling us. 

Bin

The government taking forever with my tax rebate!