passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Bright Memory

DANGERMAN

I've dropped the 'Episode 1' from the title because by the looks of things, because the game has done so well, development has been restarted, and rather than come out as 3 episodes it's all being done as one longer (still short) game.

It's still in Early Access, and what's there is really short (about an hour), but it's an impressive little game and I can see why there was so much hype around it. It's an fps with powers, you can grapple to enemies, fire a pulse that launches enemies in to the air, then use your laser sword thing to do huge amounts of damage to the prone enemies. There's more moves to unlock, and to improve what's there, including time freezing, and the ability to stay in the air while you're doing damage. This is important because all this is set to a Devil May Cry style scoring system, chain moves and mix things up and you'll get more rewards.

It was supposedly made by one person, more or less, and given that it's remarkable, it looks good, runs well, and has good ideas. I have had to redo a checkpoint because the scripting broke, I think an enemy didn't spawn, either way I couldn't progress.

I bought it months back when it was on sale, I might say at this point you might as well wait for the real game to come out. Granted that could be years, and if you're getting the full game for the price of this one then why not, but it might be worth waiting to see what this turns in to

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...