passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Yoshi’s Crafted World

Maf

I started playing this today. Only got through 3 levels because the battery was dying in handheld mode. 

Hard to really say anything about it only after 3 levels. It looks nice, controls well, nothing really surprising so far. Is what it looks like.

I really did run the battery all the way down before putting it back in the dock, though, so that’s a good sign I didn’t want to put it down 

I’ve had 3 play sessions on this today and I finally got the first gem in the game (There appears to be 5). It’s all very nice but also not very exciting. Like I’m forgetting the game as I’m playing it. Which is really bad considering that to 100% each land (Which I’ve been doing) you might end up playing the same level up to 4-6 times. 

I don’t really have anything to complain about, but nothing to really shout about, either. It’s good and I’ll keep playing it. Just wish it was a bit more interesting both in themes of levels and exploration of the levels. 

• 3 weeks later...

I’m right at the end of this game now and it really is a great looking game and some of the themes to the levels are really fun. However I’ve just hit a level where it’s like a stealth level where if you get caught in these search lights an infinite amount of robot things pop out little tubes and run after you until you find a button to turn them off and it’s really fucking annoying ?

The level before had the same kind of thing but with killer, axe wielding clowns instead.

I’ve given up on getting all the bonus souvenirs a few worlds ago and have just been concentrated on getting all the flowers instead which has sped the game up considerably. 

I still think this this game is cool with some really stand out levels. But it lacks variety and is mostly not very challenging at all, except for when it is and it’s like why? 

• 2 years later...

Did only @Maf pick this up?

I was poor. That’s my excuse. Now I’m regular so managed to get it for 28 beans. Anyway..

Im only a little in. It looks wonderful and plays simply. Other than the joystick directions there’s 3 buttons for eat, jump and throw. It starts the same as Kirby FL will, selecting between two difficulties. A walk in the park or a walk in the park with a couple of mole hills to climb. It’s very easy as I’d expected.

The challenge comes finding all flowers and finishing with 20 hearts and 100+ coins on each stage. Even then it has reasons to go back. One of those reasons you see behind the scenes which is nice.

So it’s not a challenge and I never expected it to be but it is a gentle nice play before or after sleeping and a joyful experience we could all do with.

EFB320B4-8CBD-467F-9C4B-264D7D2F44A5.jpeg

I don’t remember this game at all tbh. All I remember is you have to complete each level twice because each level has a reverse mode. Not a mirror mode. Like, literally on the flip side of the level there’s a whole other level. Which is a cool idea but the game is so tedious doubling up is not as good as you think.

Also I can vaguely remember there was a level with a train which I think I hated.

I can’t remember much about this game but I feel like it was a 5/10 situation. Not sure.

• 1 year later...