passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Elden Ring

DisturbedSwan

Well, if it wasn’t already the case no book will be written about important figures in gaming history and not include Miyazaki now. However you want to word it, he is probably the most successful game director of his generation.

Im enjoying Elden Ring and good to see the success. Can’t help but be slightly upset about it though, only because it makes the chances of getting another sublime Sekiro or Sekiro type game basically zero as they’re going to double down on this route now. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All time? Holy shit. How did this happen? Mental. 

Guess I can kiss goodbye to them ever doing a linear Sekiro sequel then. Chances were slim anyway but… Damn

Congrats to the team. But for entirely selfish reasons this sucks. 

• 4 months later...

Predicting actual single player dlc gets announced at game awards, and it involves either travelling through time or into a pocket dimension to learn the backstory behind some of the main game's biggest secrets

In terms of actual predictions I think it will involve the character mentioned in this item description.

https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Sword+of+St+Trina

I'm betting the (non existent) house on this one, just watch

• 2 months later...

Sounds far away, also they don't usually use language like 'expansion' for a thing like this. I'm expecting this to be fairly consequential, like a landmass and a half of new content with 40 hours of gaming. Just seems the likely outcome with a game this massive

In that artwork, the Griffith looking guy on the horse is probably Miquella and the tree in the background is probably not the Erdtree but the Haligtree early in 'construction', cause it had that twisted look to it in the OG game

Nice... who would've thought I'd be looking forward to something like this.

I do admit though I have no idea about any of the lore in this game, it's all a bit over my head to be honest.

Don't think I'll be dipping a toe back in for this no matter how good the reviews are. Interesting that they call it an Expansion as that signifies it'll be significantly bigger than previous DLCs from previous titles. Wonder if it'll come out this year? Doubt it but who knows.

I feel I am the opposite to @Nag on this, Elden Ring was disappointing to me but I absolutely need to see those remaining lore mysteries get dealt with in the gameplay context (not a lore video). Some of the theories people have come up with are already really interesting wrt characters who have so many unanswered questions in the main game.

But I just hate the boss fights so much, too hard to solo and boring with mist summons 😬

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...