passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sekiro : Shadows Die Twice

Hendo

I've not been playing it, partly cause returning to work and having to cook as soon as I get back saps my chi reserves and I can't be a completely dedicated master ninja that way

Also partly cause I'm still not really enjoying it much. It feels a bit at odds with itself, it might be more linear than Souls/BloodBorne but it is still similar enough in its layout. Souls games have the lore mysteries and weird equipment as a reason to explore their intricate worlds. But Sekiro doesn't have this as much, it's way more about combat. I just feel like it would be better served by a mission based structure like a pure action game, or like Tenchu was.

I've also found myself just running past loads of fights that aren't bosses cause there isn't really a good reason to fight the easy basic mobs when they don't give anything other than skill points

I preferred Dark Souls II to this, to put it into context.

It's ok, I wasn't planning on beating it anyway. 

I'll play it some more, get stuck, have a massive tantrum & then not play it again cos I'm still too shit at it.

Played this for the first time in a couple of weeks and made some good progress, although:

Spoiler

I was exploring Senpou Temple and hit a wall. Not a difficulty wall, a “where the piss do I go now” wall. 

I then found out that I’ve missed an entire section of Ashina Castle, including a main boss!

What a silly sausage I am!!

I’m now coming to the conclusion that I must have missed so much stuff, and I thought I was being quite thorough

I see this thread is dead now, cowards. 

Played some more last night for the channel.

Found the key that unlocks the place that holds the spear attachment. I missed it on my first playthrough and had to buy the spear at endgame from that little box for like 2000+ so finding it this time was a relief.

Managed to beat that Seven Spears lad on my first try which was nice, he trashed me when I played it a few weeks ago.

Managed to clear the Senpou Temple area (at least what I can clear at this point of the game) so moved on to Ashina Depths now. Not looking forward to fighting Snake Eyes again, I hate that fucker, but it’s gotta be done.  

We drank a few beers while playing so were pretty sloppy by the end of the session, but we had a good laugh playing it and that’s really all that matters. 

• 2 weeks later...

I take it everyone has given up then?

I started a new game today and managed to get to Genishiro on the castle roof in 2 and a half hours, including defeating Lady Butterfly. 

He's giving me a bit of trouble, I can't seem to get my parry's right so I've turned it off to make some food and grab a coffee. Next time I'm on I'll go exploring, maybe clear Senpou Temple area and access the warp point for later on, then try Genishiro again with a bit more health. 

• 5 months later...

I dont know but the only technical detail that matters in whatever version you buy is which version has the least input lag

Even if the laggier version looks more pretty, don't fucking buy it. That's all I'll say.

Also fuck you I have boulder sized minerals. The best minerals, everyone says so

Well it's important when you realise it's basically a rhythm game where you keep a pace between attacking and blocking. Larger delay gives you a tiny fuck off window of execution, ie fuck this game I hate it ?

But it's probay easy to figure out which one is better if you type in 'xbox one X ps4 pro Sekiro framerate'.

If that returns something weird then dont blame me