passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Sekiro : Shadows Die Twice

Hendo

I’m ready to throw in the towel, I’m not enjoying it at all. 

I just don’t have the time or patience for it and I’m getting bored doing the same areas over and over again. Considering sending it back to amazon for a refund and trying again when it’s cheaper. 

Had another good session on this tonight. Beat the Shinobi Hunter and Chained Ogre which gave me a prayer bead each so I just need one more prayer bead to upgrade my stats. Also got another another gourd seed so I can use my healing gourd three times now.

In terms of what’s available (minor spoilers):

Spoiler

There’s the boss (big fat guy) in the Hirata estates that the NPC kamikaze rushes in to help you with, he has three deathblow symbols. I found this boss by diverting from the main path that leads to the Shinobi Hunter (through a tunnel that leads to the Courtyard save point). I can also go straight ahead from where the Shinobi Hunter was, this may or may not lead to the same boss.

Back in Ashina, there’s a lovely commander something waiting for me in the courtyard behind the Chained Ogre, I didn’t fight him yet. Actually I went around him and this led to two paths. The right path warns you about an enemy that sounds like a ghost or spirit of some kind, and the left path leads to an encounter with a giant serpent. I let that stupid serpent killed me when I thought I had killed it after stabbing him in the eye, but he doesn’t go down that easy....

Anyway, many options to choose from. Great game, and proper hardcore!

26 minutes ago, RikSP said:

I’m ready to throw in the towel, I’m not enjoying it at all. 

I just don’t have the time or patience for it and I’m getting bored doing the same areas over and over again. Considering sending it back to amazon for a refund and trying again when it’s cheaper. 

I'm sure @radiofloyd will correct me if my dialect is a little off, but I believe if you break the kanji down

Se = Not (walking cloud)

Ki = For (carp splashing)

Ro = Rik (ghost of tsushima)

16 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

I'm sure @radiofloyd will correct me if my dialect is a little off, but I believe if you break the kanji down

Se = Not (walking cloud)

Ki = For (carp splashing)

Ro = Rik (ghost of tsushima)

Its funny because you know he will actually come and post “Well actually, Sekiro means blah blah blah”. You’re tempting fate there my friend.

Anyway, 

Chained Ogre is dead. Got it on my third attempt. The hit boxes on its grabs are horse shit, but it’s dead now, so fuck it.

22 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I might have missed some of those sub-bosses, where are the other two you mentioned?

Also, @RikSP - you can do it! 

The other two?

Spoiler

You mean the guy after the Chained Ogre? He’s right there so I assume you don’t mean him. I’ve no idea if the ghost enemy is a boss, I didn’t fight him (the sign said proceed with caution). In the large courtyard behind the Ogre, if you walk around the rooftops and drop down behind the sub-boss on the other side, there a path to the right and a path to the left. The path to the right appears to lead to a ghost type enemy, the path to the left leads to some platforming where you have to avoid a giant serpent (he’s more of an environmental hazard than a boss). Then you go inside a cave where the serpent appears again. At a certain point you get prompted to stab him in the eye, I did which caused him to go crazy, I thought he would die but he didn’t.

By the way you mentioned recognising the kanji that appears when enemies do sweep or thrust attacks, I could be wrong but I’m 99% sure it’s just the kanji 危 for danger. I’m not sure if you thought it was a different kanji or something. 

@DANGERMAN I see you’ve been studying.

Just found a video, yep, definitely not fought him.

I’ll have to go back if I can and see if I can find him. Which will give me a good opportunity to feel all powerful on the weaker enemies now I’m a bit stronger and hopefully get stronger before drunken bastard.

You'll find Bondage Shrek when you're back in the present. This game is much more linear than the Soulsborne games so you can't miss him. 

I'm up to what I assume is the first boss now. I'm having trouble though because the lock on keeps flicking off whenever he gets close so the camera flips out and by the time it's reset and locked on again I'm almost dead so that's great.

Decided to go back to the memory to farm some exp so I can upgrade my heals again. 

As I can only watch this game, for the time being, I am definitely getting Tenchu vibes from it. Which is high praise indeed. I've also heard the difficulty is back up to the level of Demon's Souls, another plus after the diminishing returns of Dark.