passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Division 2

Bigkopman

This is true but once you get your head around it, it's quite easy to do. Just do the side missions and keep an eye out for loot cages, boxes, etc. You unlock the progression at the  same time.  There are weekly challenges too.

This game is fucking hard if you're playing solo. Fucking hard. They have a new enemy tactic, there are  certain AI that just run at you. I don't mind that happening every now and then but there are times when I've had three of them lining up next to me.

It's obvious when a battle is coming up like in Gears, you can see the setup up with all the places to hide and use for cover but the enemy use every part of it and you have to in return. Keep moving, have a distance and close up weapon and watch your ass cos the AI flank the fuck out of you.

You have skills to assign to the shoulder buttons, i have a turret and a seeker mine but I've just unlocked a chem launcher so i might replace the turret with that. Could you unlock upgrades for the skills in the first game? Each skill has three variants, like you can unlock a flame thrower variant for the turret (plus another one I forget). The seeker mine has a single explosion, a cluster or an airborne variant.

What else is new in this one... Clans? There are clans now. Not overly sure what they do but you can do PVP, is that new? You can join up with friendly AI's as they go on supply runs, that's a cool touch.

Anyway, it's hard to gush about it when i'm dying so much but it's fucking satisfying when I beat a mission. This isnt such an upgrade from the first game though, i'm a little disappointed but I'll persevere.

7 hours ago, Sly Reflex said:

I think it says it all that it's taken a thread split to start a topic on this. A whole 4 sentences of information on what the game is like. :lol: 

The reason I haven't posted anything on it is because any free time i've got, I want to be playing it not speaking about it.

I played the beta of the first (and second) game and I'm only level 12 so still pretty early but I can say with confidence this is best looter shooter i've played. 

Missons/side missions etc are nicely varied and paced. You don't like you're doing the same thing over and over. 

The level design and combat/AI is really good. 

It's nice to play a game like this and not feel like it's half baked or lacking content. 

I don't know really what else to say until i've hit the end game. But it's great.

Loving it. Use tactics, communicate and work as a team or die.

The city is lovely. There's tons to do. Lots of random encounters and there's nothing samey about it, no sense of repetition.

The missions and side missions are all different and feel like they've put lots of  time and thought into their design. They're enjoyable and have some great environments and locales. The settlements are also a nice way of engaging you.

It's essentially the original but with lots of bells and whistles (for the better). I'm only level 15 but feels like therebis tons more to discover.

I've deliberately not tried. It's always felt like something you play as a squad and have complimentary skills and, ultimately builds, to handle scenarios. It's a great game when people communicate and encourages cooperation. It punishes you for going solo Rambo.

I'd suggest @illdog 's post above might be a fair reflection of the joys and pain of a solo experience.

You can always match make with randoms but that brings it's own complications.

The other big problem i'm having is when you die you have to select a respawn point on the map and sometimes (actually most times) these are fucking miles away from where you were going. Chances are you'll die again on the way back aswell, i've just died twice in a row at a Control Point and i've turned it off because I can't be fucked to walk back there again.

The level design in this is something else. 

I don't want to spoil anything but the use of indoor spaces to contrast the city streets is super clever.

It's happened a lot and they've all been different each time. Them parts must of took ages to design. People who are playing will know what I'm on about. Did the first game have stuff like that? It's really cool. 

Nothing like the scale or variety of D2. Landmark building interiors in D1 were pretty detailed but rather generic. They're a whole new level in D2. Distinctive and engaging. They're quite intriguing for just snooping about and last night you found a photo copier which printed out it's last copy job when you pressed the button. That's pointless levels of design excellence.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have any proper impressions. But i asked ppl from the forum i was playing with is the best co-op game this gen, and everyone said yes...I agree. This is BC2 this gen. 

I’m enjoying this despite it trying to tell me not to with some crashes, reboots and having to restart game breaking bugs.

Also I’ve forgotten how multi works. No one ever joins my game but if I search for one I jump straight in. But I want to play with my progression ☹️ Life of Xbox owner maybe.