passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Back 4 Blood.

Nag

warner-turtle-rock.jpg

Turtle Rock Studios, the developer behind Left 4 Dead and Evolve, has announced 'Back 4 Blood', it's new co-op zombie shooter that's being built from the ground-up as a "an original, premium title" that combines what made Left 4 Dead so successful with "new features and state-of-the-art technology".

"We are not resting on any past laurels.

Our goal is to take all we’ve learned and push forward. We know that’s a tall order," said Turtle Rock co-founder and Creative Director Phil Robb. "We’re growing the team considerably because we’re stepping up to the biggest challenge in this studio’s history. We know this title has to stand out and we fully intend to make that happen."

It's early days for Back 4 Blood at present, with hide nor hair of a screenshot or trailer, but Turtle Rock does state that it's looking to return to its Left 4 Dead roots, which is evident in the game's title. Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will also be on publishing duties for Back 4 Blood, which is coming to Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and PC.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-32321--Back-4-Blood--is-the-New-Co-Op-Zombie-Shooter-From-Left-4-Dead-Dev-Turtle-Rock.html

This could make a few people very happy.

Not if it's anything like Evolve and the bullshit that game had to put up with.

GTFO is the one to watch as far as 4 player co-op zombie shooters go. It's got the talented part of PAYDAY behind it and not the cunt that run the company into the ground.

On the one hand,this is good. As it’ll be probably the closest we ever get to L4D3,with Valve not being arsed about making games anymore.

On the other hand,Evolve was an absolute clusterfuck. Multiple Season Passes,a ridiculous amount of micro transactions. And Turtle Rock claiming that additional characters were worth paying £15 for,or whatever it was. Utter bollocks.

WB are greedy arseholes,just look at how they ruined Shadow Of War. So I’m not boarding the hype train for this yet. Turtle Rock have a lot of making up to do. Maybe they’ve learned their lesson from Evolve. We will see.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I am kind of on the fence about this. The stuff they're talking about makes me most worried.

L4D was mostly about skill with a set amount of RNG. Stuff like weapons showing up, ammo piles, getting certain infected or waves at certain point of the map, but with skill you could overcome it.

Now you have all that with an added layer of RNG on the cards either fucking you into a build you don't want, or making you play in a way you don't like. The worst parts in L4D is when you get low on ammo and then when you find the next pile of weapons it's something you hate using.

Also not a fan of the character having stats either. One it can cause arguments unless you can take more than 1 of that character into the game, and two imagine having the most annoying character be your preferred playstyle.

Still going to play it, but I'm not as excited as I thought I'd be over it.

The Battle Pass talk is a bit concerning. Evolve was fucked into oblivion with a barrage of overpriced DLC. You’d think after that, Turtle Rock would have learned a lesson. Apparently not. 

Still up for this, but there’s definitely an element of caution.