passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Play/Want/Bin March

DANGERMAN

This might be a longish list.

Play

FlatOut 4: Total Insanity

I loved FlatOut 2 so I just dived in on this.  As scrappy and as fun as it's style shows.  It doesn't seem as good as I remember the last one I played was, but I'll get into that when I start a thread.  I'm having a laugh with it for now, anyway.

Axiom Verge

A fancied trying this again after the thread got bumped and before I knew it I'd put a bunch of hours in.  It really is another great example of the genre and maybe a little overlooked.

Persona 4: Dancing All Night

Since I've been using the Vita for Axiom Verge I also went back to this.  It's an okay rhythm game with that jaunty Persona music but the story mode is driving me a little mad.  It's written like someone is really struggling to hit a minimum word count.

Valkyria Chronicles

I'm trying this again because it was on sale on the Switch.  Really liked what I played on PS3 but I found it quite hard since I'm an idiot.  I hope to finish it this time as I am now a little bit less of an idiot.

Warframe

There's still Frames to be built so I'm still doing this; I dunno when it will stop.

Want

Devil May Cry V

This is my shit.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

This might be my shit.

Bin

I live in the bin.

Play

I've been back playing Bloodborne to mindlessly mash through enemies.

Finished the first Tomb Raider reboot again, purely to compare with the other two once I start them. It’s alright.

Apex Legends with Ben, still fun. Still not especially good at it. Bought the season pass which is very underwhelming.

The Witness, which I might be too stupid for.

Started Sekiro. Early days, and not surprisingly, it's kicking my arse.

Want

More desert island inhabitants. Recorded 4 so far but would really like as many people as possible to join in.

Bin

Crackdown 3. I’m right at the end and I’ll either finish it off and that will be that, or I won’t even be arsed to do that. It’s not bad though, just a bit uninspired.

Play

Anthem – Still enjoying it despite all the naysayers. 

Slay the Spire – Yup, still has it's hooks in me. 

X Com 2 – I've been meaning to have a crack at this since it came to PS Plus. Not very far in as it stresses me out soooo much.

Mission timers and perma death of characters make each decision in this nail biting stuff.

Human Fall Flat – i've started playing some silly stuff with friends on Steam recently, and this was hilarious. A nice physics based platform/puzzle game where you use the left and right triggers to grab hold of the game world - and each other. When everyone is in fits of laughter at the character customisation screen, you know you're in for a good time.

Want

Like everyone else i'm really hyped for Sekiro. I've been avoiding reading/watching too much about it but I finally cracked and watched a trailer and it looks incredible.

Bin

Nothing really. 

Play

Devil May Cry V-Bloody loving it. Undoubtedly one of the best in the series,and Capcom are killing it this year.

Nier Automatica-Really need to get back into this.

Assassins Creed Origins. It’s good. But it’s not yet gripped me the way that Odyssey did.

Want

Not much,to be honest. Phoenix Wright Collection is something I’m up for,but that’ll wait til it eventually goes on sale.

Bin

Lack of free time. But that’s due to me being on Final Placement until August. And once that’s done,I’m a qualified social worker,and can ditch Tesco forever.

Play

Trials Rising - Possibly the best one yet track design wise. Shame about the progression system, the map and the grinding. 

Red Dead Redemption 2 - The story is keeping me going but it’s become quite a chore to play. Come close to sacking it off a few times but want to see it through. Almost at the end of chapter 6 now so hopefully not too much more to do. 

DmC - Can’t afford 5 at the moment so gone back to this since it’s on Gamepass. Bloody brilliant game! Up there with 3 for me. 

Want

Resi 2 Remake - Same as last month

Devil May Cry V - Got my reservations but still can’t wait to get it. 

Bin

Smash Bros Ultimate - Just found it really boring. Need to accept this series isnt for me anymore, not been able to get into one since Melee. Traded it for NSMB U Deluxe with Jimbo so will start that soon. 

Play -

Axiom Verge  =- Back after a long break and beat it but i'd like to try the speedrun mode. More Metroid than Metroidvania.

Wuppo - Back after a long break and beat it. This is a bizzare little game, i need to start an impressions thread.

OnRush - The most amazing and annoying combat racer ever. I love it everytime i play it but i nearly lose a controller every session,

Toejam and Earl - Another game I need to start an impressions thread for, it's the OG game but better in some respects and worse in others but it's fun. That's why i'm here.

The Division 2 - More Division.

Want -

My wife to fuck off out the house for a bit so I can eat shit and play games excessively. She was supposed to go away last weekend but didnt and she's waiting for her new job to start so I have another week of her being under my feet. And Devil May Cry 5.

Bin

Unravel  - It looks and sounds beautiful and all that shit but i find the controls hit and miss and some of the puzzles are just boring. And racism because you're racist if you dont. Everyone above  - racist.

Play

playing Resi 2 and DMC5, these two titles back to back have reminded me how great capcom were, and 

how they are nailing it so far this year, hopefully a Return to form for capcom, now all I want to see from them is 

a killer new IP.

for now though back to some sim racing.

Want

MK11 , Dangerous Driving hopefully a couple of shorter titles which don't need me to sink in stupid amounts of hours,

as my netflix backlog is really stacking up right now.

Bin

Wagon Wheels honestly these taste shit nowadays, sore they weren't this bad when I was a Kid!

On 17/03/2019 at 09:18, illdog said:

Wuppo - Back after a long break and beat it. This is a bizzare little game, i need to start an impressions thread.

I played some of this a while back and loved the style and humour of the game. It was a bastard though so I stopped playing it after the first couple of bosses. 

Play

Overwatch. I play Overwatch a lot. It's alright. 

DMC5 - Not a DMC fan in general but grabbed this because I sold a load of old crap at CEX and have a few hundred quid for new games I am curious about. It's a lot of fun but not something I can play in long sessions so will probably take ages to finish. 

Want 

To decide if I am going to give Sekiro a try or not with the aforementioned credit. 

For Blizzard to announce some new matchmaking features for comp in Overwatch since you never know what you ae getting when you load it up. Role queue and character locks if you drop below a certain win percentage after a couple of hours played would be a nice start. 

Racism - love it. 

Bin

Left Alive - So I bought this because of the people working on it but holy shit it's bad. It's lacking so many basic features that it is barely even playable and a long way off enjoyable. Really want to like it but don't think I can. Not even for giant robots. 

Play

Devil May Cry 5 - Way better than I was expecting. First time I haven’t bounced off one of the games in the series after the first few hours.

Resident Evil 2 - Really enjoyed my time with Leon’s Campaign but having to repeat all the same puzzles in the second run along with continuity issues with the story ruined my time with it a little and it only ended up a good game for me - not a great one.

Metro 2033 Redux - After RE2 I was in the mood for some more Survival Horror type games and this has been sitting in my Steam Library for a long time. I finally bit the bullet, sat down and properly played it and it is truly an amazing game.

Metro Last Light Redux - Started this after finishing DMC5. It’s still a good game but leans into the FPS angle too much and lacks a lot of the tense survival horror elements of the first. Too many Batman: Arkham-style Predator rooms time after time gets to be a bit of a chore.

Rainbow Six Siege - Went back to this this month and have been having a grand time, the new Aussie operators and map are cool as fuck. One of the best MP games of all time.

Want

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - I am absolutely fucking buzzing for this. Cannot wait to get my arsehole annihilated by Miyazaki’s genius.

Ghost of Tsushima, TLOUP2, Death Stranding - GOAT Contenders.

Mortal Kombat 11 - Been watching some of the Beta streams/footage and it looks amazing, cannot wait to dig into this next month.

Days Gone - Curious to see how this one shakes out, think it’ll prove a lot of folks wrong.

Google Stadia - Probably in a Day 1 as long as my internet can handle it.

Bin

Brexit - please? It’s a fucking terrible idea always has been.

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - Not really a bin per se but just not had time to play more of it this month.

Play

Anthem

It's fun but boy has this some way to go before it can be classed as good.

Sea of Thieves

One year in and it's semi decent now. I still couldn't recommend it, but by Jove RARE might actually pull this one out of the bag if they keep at it.

Rainbow 6 Siege

Another game that started off shit but eventually found its feet. The new map, operators and theme are spot on.

Earth Defense Force 5

Nearing the end of normal with Regemond. Looking forwards to pushing through hard and beyond.

Fallout 4

Nowhere near as bad as some would have you believe. I do feel like they've robbed Peter to pay Paul. They've spent a lot of time on making the action more actiony and put a weird focus on building while scraping off the characterisation and story telling. I'd have liked to have seen what Obsidian could have done with the base game in Fallout 5 or Fallout Florida or whatever they would have done with it.

Pinball FX3

New tables are out. Most of it is good. Some of it is disappointing. All of it is pinball.

Want

Just looked over the future release dates. Yeah, nothing from that. I guess it just gives me time to work on my backlog

Bin

I'm good, thanks.

I played a hell of a lot before Operation Health and had no real issues at all, I think that ‘season’ was largely sorting out net issues (which never affected me in the first place).

So, as I said before, Siege was excellent (in almost every way apart from some small niggling issues) from the start.

Just because it doesn't affect you doesn't mean it isn't an issue. It was full of glitches that people exploited to win and rife with bugs where stuff wasn't working as it should be. I actually think @retroed posted one where where he was killed through a floor with a knife or something.

Rainbow 6 Siege was full of issues when it first launched, it's only over the time since they've managed to claw that back and get it on some good standing. There are calls for another redo since they've added so much that issues are starting to pile up.

But sure, Blakey had a good time so that means nobody else ever had problems nor did Ubi Montreal have to put out lots of fires. Operation Health didn't happen because of goodwill. It happened because it was fucked and it needed to be done to even the game out so they could pursue the E-sports scene.

Stuff like the knife thing and net code were small niggling issues that got fixed quickly with patches. Making the game out to be a broken mess at launch is nothing but disingenuous nonsense.

The gameplay has always been excellent, it’s never been unplayable or broken, simple.

I can’t speak for anyone else, I just give my personal experiences. I’ve been there since the Closed Alpha and Beta so I know certain things from my own experiences.