passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Division 2

DisturbedSwan

PSA: The Division 2 has a 88-92GB download on PS4

PS4: 
- If you purchased a physical copy of the game, begin installing from the disc. Provided you are online, your console will simultaneously download Title Update 1 while you install it. Expect a 88-92 GB download, depending on your region and preferred language. Whether installed from a disc or downloaded digitally, the final HDD install size will be between 88-92 GB.

Additionally, starting March 11, you will be prompted to download and install Title Update 1.5;expect about 2 GB in download, depending on your platform, region and preferred language. Title Update 1.5 mainly addresses occurrences of audio missing or cutting out experienced by some during Open Beta.

25 minutes ago, Sly Reflex said:

I'm genuinely in two minds about getting this. It just didn't excite me at all. I sort of want to play it but I can't muster the enthusiasm to.

Let me know before Tuesday/Wednesday because I'm pretty much only getting it to play with y'all.

The Division 2 to not be sold on any 3rd party sites after March 15th, following Epic's deal with Ubisoft

Hey Community!
Sadly we have to announce you that Ubisoft will not allow digital third party stores, such as Gamesplanet, to sell Division 2 after its release on March 15th 2019. After this date, the game will digitally only be available through Ubisoft's Store and another exclusive digital store. This will also be true for all upcoming game content such as Season Pass, Extensions, etc.
Take the opportunity to buy at Gamesplanet until March 15th 2019 and make use of the paysafecard promotion as this will be available until the game will be pulled from our stores.
We won't be able to solve some support requests (e.g. key activated on the wrong Ubisoft account) after March 15th, as we won't have any more keys to exchange/swap. Please address your support requests to Ubisoft directly for such cases.
Worry not, all purchases that have been completed on Gamesplanet will be honoured. This is also true for gifts, no matter if these have been picked up or not.
Obviously, we are not happy about this decision.
The Gamesplanet Team

• 2 weeks later...

I'm actually surprised at how few people are playing this on my friends list. There's more than Anthem but that isn't really saying much.

I never thought it'd be as dominant as the first game but only seeing 5 or 6 people playing it is a lot lower player count than I was expecting. 

Why people get up in arms about exclusivity on PC? I’m not a PC gamer so maybe I’m missing something obvious. Is there like a thing that makes it anti PC consumer or is it just a change that crowd isn’t used too? 

Exclusives games are good, in my opinion. Helps boost competition. 

12 minutes ago, Maf said:

Why people get up in arms about exclusivity on PC? I’m not a PC gamer so maybe I’m missing something obvious. Is there like a thing that makes it anti PC consumer or is it just a change that crowd isn’t used too? 

this isn't exclusive in the same way as God of War or Halo though

There isn't really a console equivalent, and I'm not as diehard as some people, but, it's a bit like if you could only buy your games from Amazon, and you had to pay Amazon prices, and you also had to boot the game from an Amazon app rather than just your Playstation HDD where all your other games are

fwiw I don't mind Uplay, the Epic game store I'm more wary of but it's probably fine. New launchers do mean new friends lists, less features than Steam, and having to boot/launch a new launcher

generally it means you'll end up paying more for games that are less convenient to use, it's certainly not in the users best interest

18 minutes ago, Maf said:

It's not really competition if it's available in fewer places.

It won't be available on third party sites for PC like Greenmangaming , humble etc. so there'll only be the one price.

3 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

fwiw I don't mind Uplay, the Epic game store I'm more wary of but it's probably fine. New launchers do mean new friends lists, less features than Steam, and having to boot/launch a new launcher

One of the better things about Steam is their download speeds, they're pretty much the best out there. The community boards, guides and walkthroughs etc. can be useful, but are also full of gamers...

Meanwhile, the Epic store doesn't have a search option.

I think digital sales have definitely meant a decrease in physical sales figures. I wouldn’t go digital usually for a new game due to price,but I know some people that always do that.

Still,maybe some were put off by the huge 90gb install on PS4. That’s a significant ammount of space,and we can’t all afford external hard drives.

Plus with it being a “live service”,it would be taking that space up for months.