passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Division 2

DisturbedSwan

5 hours ago, Duck said:

Paying for early access to free DLC is kinda missing the point of free DLC no?...

I guess it's the same as Siege, except there you have a week to get used to the new Operator and get a drop on those that don't. I don't know how that would manifest in this game, maybe a level cap increase or new weapons that are more powerful than the last that give those early adopters more powerful for a bit?

It's a bit stupid innit?

Ubisoft setting the stall up early. And still completely missing the point that “if you need a check list/chart to show what you’re actually getting in each version of the game,you’re bloody going overboard”.

Meh. I found the original fairly tedious pretty quickly,so I can’t be arsed with this.

1 hour ago, smallofbooty said:

Although having registered with Ubi I can't work out how to download the fucker. 

Yeah I can’t download it yet either. I did search the PSN store and there’s a Private Beta on there but I can’t download it. 

I assume at some point there will be an email or the Beta on PSN will be activated with associated accounts or something. 

3 minutes ago, Blakey said:

Yeah I can’t download it yet either. I did search the PSN store and there’s a Private Beta on there but I can’t download it. 

I assume at some point there will be an email or the Beta on PSN will be activated with associated accounts or something. 

We'll at least it's not me then

From Eurogamer taken from Ubisoft blog:

You'll want to restart The Division 2's private beta client every couple of hours to avoid crashing, Ubisoft has warned.

The beta represents an unfinished version of the game, of course, so you should expect some bugs - but Ubisoft has today issued a blog post advising players to be careful with two big ones in particular.

"We are aware of an issue where your game client will crash after an extended gameplay session," Ubisoft wrote. "To circumvent this, we recommend that you restart your game client every two to three hours.

"Secondly, on all platforms, if you are outside the game and receive a game invite from a friend within the game, your client will crash at launch. To work around this problem, make sure to start the game first and join group directly from inside the game."

So, very initial observations.

It's exactly like the Division 1 core game.

There's a lot of trash not hidden by snow and it rains instead of blizzards. There seem to be no dogs, but there are cats. There are audio logs once more.

I got kicked once, and had to join a queue ? but at least it wasn't an ironic hand clapping queue.

The game generally seems very stable and easy to join. It looks good but I'm not sure whether it's a major graphical improvement.

You can play ranks 1 through to 7 and there appear to be three zones unlocked along with a couple of DZs and some other bits.

The outpost concept is interesting. By supporting an outpost you get to receive side missions and enhance it, adding extra features (revealed in an Assassin's Creed eagle view sort of fashion). It also unlocks experts who then relocate to the White House unlocking additional skills and perks in your main base. 

So up to now. It's nice. It's solid. But no surprises or departures from a tried and tested path.

Of course the end game sub classes, gear sets, etc. will be the real proof of the pudding.

I've seen a wild deer up an alley. Hyenas are actually a gang of bad humans. Rats are still rats, and not a gang.

The seeker mine and turret are back and useable, however there are limits to the unlock trees, so no flamethrower on the turret in the beta version for example. They also seem harder to place/aim, unless that's a function of their low level. You can further improve a tree once unlocked by spending points into it. No pulse in the beta.

Skill points are also back but currently seem to be broad quality of life improvements as opposed to focussing on a particular play style.

You can play with the drone, although again, the (possibly) best option isn't available in the beta. So I'm using a medic version which will buff you or your team mates.

We have the return of echoes.

Guns feel balanced and varied enough with differing characteristics and clout. Grenades still feel a bit sketchy.  It's nice launching your tech situationally as previously.

Still nothing that won't be intimately familiar to those who've been here before. Very pretty (in a post apocalyptic way) and well detailed as you'd expect. Smooth. Probably best running beta/demo we've had for a while.

I'm not sure why I'm collecting random teddy bears...