passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Dragon's Dogma : Dark Arisen.

wholehole

• 4 weeks later...

This interview basically comes as close to confirming the above without saying outright

https://www.vg247.com/2019/02/07/dragons-dogma-2/

Next gen RE-engine release I'm guessing.

“Here we are – we’re now finishing up DMC5. But I had ideas for Dragon’s Dogma 2 at the time as well. So here we are, it’s the end of this project.” Itsuno grins.

“I’ve always got maybe around four different titles in mind, maybe about four different ideas that I’d love to make. But there’s a difference between the titles that I’d love to make and the titles that I think I should make next. But here we are, we’re here, and… I’m already gearing up for my next project. We can’t say what it is, but we’re looking forward to getting to work on it.”

“Whenever I make a game, I make specifically what I want to play, what I’ve always wanted to play. Dragon’s Dogma is one of those things where ever since I was a kid this is the kind of experience I wanted from a game. I think about that and then I work towards creating that experience.”

He goes on to say that he regards it as his most successful project. “The one that was kind of the biggest success in my mind, the one I’m most proud of – that’s probably Dragon’s Dogma. The one that was the hardest to work on, that took the most effort – that’s this one. That’s DMC5.”

DD was a blueprint existed way back in 2000, but he got dragged off to try and get DMC2 back on track so it took him an age to get Capcom to approve it. It's more of a passion project for him I think

• 2 months later...

This is out on Switch now. This is the best open world game that isn't Breath of the Wild released in the last seven years or so. Now's the time to try it if you haven't

Waypoint do a good podcast on it here (it's maybe thirty minutes in before they get to it ) https://waypoint.vice.com/en_us/article/mb8awa/its-2012-all-over-again-weve-got-dragons-dogma-fever

Random combat clip I found showing combat and classes

After Sekiro I'll be back on this on Switch, doing a more magic focused playthrough this time around (but starting off as Strider cause it's the best, instant reset baby)

Get on this lads and lasses. It's mechanically one of the better games I've played. I think a lot of open world games could learn considerable lessons from it. Combat is up there with Bloodborne and I really like having the pseudo co-op by having friends pawns in my game.

• 4 months later...

I've been struggling for the last few months to enjoy playing this again on the Switch in handheld mode, so today, about 10 hrs in, I've picked it up again but now docked. 

So much better, albeit, and maybe I missed the hint/tutorial had to look up online about Port Crystals and ferry stones, having already to a bit stick of running between home and the capital. And behold, there in my storage chest was an eternal ferrystone and some starting items which were way better than what I'd bought!

Onwards !

• 1 month later...

I'm still really enjoying playing this again, on the NS, but not convinced the visuals are really any better than the 360. There's notable pop-ups (boxes and trees suddenly appearing as you run etc).

Still a fab game IMHO, and despite hitting LV 40 I'm still holding off going to the Island !

DD has I think the coolest gameplay moment I've ever been part of in a game, which was the first time I brought down a griffon. I posted the video of that on here I think

Its something everyone goes through in this game but having a proper combat engine in an open world game is so cool

Itsuno better make a sequel..

• 3 weeks later...

Decided it was time to go to Bitterblack Isle, and made steady progress there - killed a basilisk and the gazer/beholder boss, found the Warriors Rest area and unlocked the right hand shortcut back to the entrance, so all is good so far. I think playing as a strider and using ranged attacks is making things a lot easier - raining down multiple enchanted/explosive arrows from afar is much less perilous than hand to hand !

Hit a bit of a sticking point on Bitterblack Isle in the Forsaken Cathedral. Everything goes fine chipping away at the bishop & dragon then, each time they're down to about half health I get caught up in their maelstrom (whirlwind) that does a total party kill - boom full health to zero, no escaping.

My pawns have High Silencium but don't seem to use it to stop enemy the casting - can't figure if this is poor AI or just bad tactics on my part.

• 2 years later...