passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Forza Horizon 4

retroed

I think the Lego expansion is honestly the best one they’ve done yet.

I beat it Monday, some of those skill challenges are bastards. Getting 20 show off skills and 20 lucky escapes were ones I struggled with, finding and smashing 100 tables took some doing too. The destination ones were all pretty rad, like driving from the UFO crash site to the lighthouse in 2 minutes in a C class car (or whatever), they get you to learn the map like you’ve never had to before.

Anyways, unlocking that final challenge so as to unlock the final race was ultra satisfying. I fucking love Forza Horizon.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've played a few rounds of The Eliminator. It's dumb but it works, and it's fun.

Every one starts off in a 'level 1' car, a Mini and picks a start location on the map. Your aim is to level up to faster cars either by finding them at drop points in world (signified by blue smoke), or coming across another car and challenging them to a head to head race. If you lose you're out, if you win you can take their car or choose to 'upgrade' your car to a better model.

It's got the expected battle royale shrinking circle thing going on. If you find yourself outside the circle you have to race to get back in before a timeout bar fills up. It doesn't reset between zones. When the zone is small enough and there are few enough cars left then head-to-head challenges are disabled, and the game gives everyone a destination point to race to, the first one there is the winner.

So far my best result is 4th. I could do with being better at finding faster cars in the early game.

• 2 weeks later...

This game is so good. Played a few rounds of elimination this evening which seems good but I kept challenging the wrong people in my mini. Tried it some of the cars from the Bond dlc and drove around the map for a bit in the classic Aston Martin (racing green though), completed the drift story which was really fun (need to go and buy an RX7) and started the top gear story as well.

• 2 months later...

Played the Lego expansion over the last few days, after a bad start with stuff not working and me being confused by the menu, I really enjoyed going back to it and the Lego stuff is pretty cool, even if is just more of the same but with a different look and Lego to smash through. It’s nice how you can just continue on the pc with the game pass version too. I’ve done all the races I can and unlocked the Lego mclaren, but now have to do the other stuff to finish unlocking everything and I’m going to leave it as I don’t like having to do drift zones and stuff. not sure what I’ve missed by not continuing.

• 2 months later...

Anyone that’s interested, they are giving 200 free super spins to players today. Don’t know if it’s limited but I’ve just claimed them in case.

Put the game on and claim one from you’re in game message box. They’ll be added to your total to open at your leisure then. 

As an aside, I didn’t know they’d added the photo collector mode recently either. Basically a challenge to just photo as many individual cars as possible. Don’t know why but I’ve just always enjoyed doing that in the previous ones and was slightly disappointed it was missing in this before. So glad that’s back too. The small load to get into photo mode is slightly irritating though. 

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Me and the kids (they're not really kids anymore tbh) have been having a fine time on this, playing on my souped-up new HDR telly! I'm not really into racing games, except MK, but this new open world spin drew me in, and what started as a bit of a gamepass look-see (because it had series XS optimisation) turned into something more, and before I knew it I was tuning up my car's and making a right mess of England's dry stone walls.

A nice little accompaniment to FF15. Gamepass is the shit!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, that’s disappointing. ?

Just been on. I was hoping this would have a group of those floating and stunt tracks In a little championship specially created by the developers. But no, it’s all user created stuff. As far as I’ve seen anyway.

Done 1 set and basically had 7 challenges created by users. 6 were genuinely shit and boring. 1 was ok. As per usual with this type of stuff with emphasis on user creation, I find it too time consuming and requires too much effort to find the odd good bit of content within all the shit. Just not worth it IMO. Especially with how long it takes to load into these challenges with it changing season and loading up the assets every time.

Shame as that trailer made it look great -a mix of the hot wheels DLC but in the normal game - which would have been brill if the developers themselves had created some challenges.