Sign in to follow this  
retroed

Forza Horizon 4

It was just something a bit different to me. I enjoyed the spectacle, seeing the banshees fly about. And the sound direction, with Cortana adding a bit of urgency (ok, not quite urgency, but something in that general area).

The Showcases are all just scripted 'cant lose' situations anyway aren't they? So it was nice to do something different with the race random single vehicle to random point theme.

Not sure if it's glitched or not but I can't win the Dirt bike showcase no matter what.

Tried it about 10 times and every time I come second, even though I'm driving faultlessly every time.

6 hours ago, regemond said:

The Showcases are all just scripted 'cant lose' situations anyway aren't they?

They're basically time trials without an on-screen clock, you can definitely lose...

Up to around level 89 now with about four and a half million in the pot towards my castle and the game shows no sign of slowing down adding races and pr stunts on to the map. I've done all the beauty spots now and I'm up to around 420ish roads found. 

I think my barn find achievement tracker has fucked up though, the percentage seems pretty low considering I only need three more so that's probably borked that achievement... I've also given up (for the moment at least) on trying to three star all of the speed cameras and danger signs as I know I've not got the patience for the drift events.

Started looking for anything goes ranked team adventures earlier but so far I've had no luck finding a game so it seems no-one's playing that yet.

What's everyone's favourite radio station this time round? I was hardcore Hospital on Horizon 3 but I'm leaning in to Pulse way more this time round.

5 hours ago, Blakey said:

Not sure if it's glitched or not but I can't win the Dirt bike showcase no matter what.

Get good

Honestly thought they were just a bit of scripted fun. Shocked at that one!

Is there a MFG club on there? Or has everyone joined their own? Would like to earn cash when I'm not playing it!

@regemond Do the “Worlds Fastest” Horizon Stories thing, it’s the Business and Sonething one in Edinburgh (top right area of map), the more stars out of 30 you have the more you earn when idle.

Me, Ed and illdog are in the Giant Bomb club. I’m not sure there’s enough of us to make a club worthwhile? 

Y'all should join Hendo and I for another episode of "How the fuck do i get that bonus board?". Twas fun.

Next time....

Now Winter has rolled round that's really put the breaks on the tougher time trials, trying to get anywhere near the three star requirements for the The World's Fastest story events is well out of the question (for me at least)... Think I'll have to wait for Summer to cycle in again.

I'm also struggling to get anywhere near the distances that the Seasonal PR events are posting up.😕

Luckily though the game keeps on stunning me with it's lighting and looks, sometimes you need something a bit special to come around to remind you how good things are... This is it.

IMG_3af73a71-674f-40ec-9686-8dd8b0fdea49.png

IMG_e5e0765a-851c-4b8f-a870-7585a2fc1348.png

Anybody got the Horizon Drift Pack of cars? @Nag if you don't know this may interest you...

There are 7 cars in that pack. For 19 skill points you can unlock a "skill" that gives you a cash dump of 300,000 credits. That's 2.1 million across the 7 and a 5th of that sweet, sweet  castle money.

I take it you all have the Forza Hub installed on your Xboxes? Free credits every week for all Forza games. 200k for Horizon 4. Just open the app and claim them once a week.

59 minutes ago, retroed said:

I take it you all have the Forza Hub installed on your Xboxes? Free credits every week for all Forza games. 200k for Horizon 4. Just open the app and claim them once a week.

Ta, your post rejigged my memory that I've got it installed on my PC (can install it on all W10 PCs/Laptops).

I always forget about it but then log in randomly and have a butt-load of shit waiting for me. Pretty crazy that I've been playing Forza games since 2005 😮 

Didn't know that about the Forza hub @retroed... Ta.

I don't generally buy the car packs @illdog, my money is creeping up slowly... It's a shame you can't just sell cars for a percentage of their cost or something, I have about 80 in my garage and use about 5 of them.

i don't really like how you buy the houses with money, i want to spend all mine on cars, and some cars are 10 million! well i have loads of cars so it's fine i guess. in drifting news i think there's a bug or something with steering wheels, tried a pad and it's actually possible to drift, fun even! i'm still not great at it but it's massively better.

also you can get an

Spoiler

ultima

pretty easy doing some

Spoiler

drag racing

:D

oh and some cars have skill point things that unlock other cars, like the

Spoiler

tvr, and the fancy racing looking nissan.

I'm not that bad at drifting on tarmac (when I remember to turn off traction control at least...🙄) take it off road though and I'm pretty fucking dreadful.

I did the three lap Goliath race earlier, had to do it in a car set up for drift events... that earned me an amazing amount of skill points in a race that lasted half an hour...

I managed to get 3 stars on another 8 drift events this morning, that’s 16/20 but the last four are bastards.

Level 162 now, 7.3 million in the bank. I’m gonna have that bastard castle if it kills me.

Winter sure does look nice but like @Nag said a few posts up it makes some of the game so much tougher. A couple of the drift zones feel near impossible as thethin path you have to stay on to get drift points is covered in snow. I have to wait till Thursday afternoon for Spring to kick in which is annoying as I have tomorrow off.

Managed to get the "Star Centurion" achievement earlier with one event to go, think I dropped more stars in the World's Fastest stories than in Drift Club which I'm amazed by.

Think I'm up to around six and a half million now, that'll come though as I'm definitely buying the expansions when they drop... Talking of the expansions, there isn't actually a pass on sale for those is there?