passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Rise of the Tomb Raider.

illdog

3 hours ago, Nag said:

It always use to astonish me the amount of people with games that are started and they'd unlocked like two achievements which amounted to about an hours play time then they're binned off... why bother?

I don't really understand achievements. Does getting 2 achievements register as, well, an achievement, for people who follow that culture? 

People will remember Mr marvelous from the gamestm forum. He was mad for achievements, but it was from an intense love of gaming, not just number hunting.

6 hours ago, bellow said:

People will remember Mr marvelous from the gamestm forum. He was mad for achievements, but it was from an intense love of gaming, not just number hunting.

Got to disagree there, he played so much shite and only played stuff on 1 platform. He only ever cared about the numbers. 

He swore blind he loved those games from the lower rungs, though. And I'm sure he played on other platforms. Maybe I'm wrong.

He feckin loved those cheevos though. Wasn't he top 20 in the world or something?

Alas, I was expecting a free climb and explore around Croft Manor, but instead got something more like a walking sim.

Okay the story was quite nice, but it just didn't offer the experience I anticipated.

Time to move on

Thanks to @Nag to nudging me into giving RotTR a go, I really was quite put off after the reboot, but now will be going forward to SotTR sometime.

As an aside I watched the 2018 movie reboot this morning, it was bang on average, but at least the actress felt a bit more like Lara than AJ ever did.

I think Jolie was a good pick for old Lara, though I can imagine her fake british accent sounding a bit weird to the native speakers. I don't notice that stuff.

Will be interesting to see what you think of shadow. Going by how you rate the other two games it's probably a safe bet that it'll turn out to be your favourite but personally I didn't like its almost glacial pacing in the middle. 

And with all that talk about the franchise I'd really like to play through Rise again. I think it got an X upgrade at some point so I might hold off until I have an XSX so I can replay it on that one.

• 1 year later...

So I got this and shadow for 8 quid on the Xbox deals page the other day. Put this on to see what it looked like on the SX, and feckin Nora, it looks good. I was rather taken aback actually. Wasn't this a 360 game originaly. It wasn't far off something like Gears 5 from what I could see.

And then I found I didn't want to stop playing it. I didn't mean to start a playthru, but I might just see this through.

I sort of meant that they've formulated a plan around gaming and are going for it no holds barred.

Like, ringing up square enix and claiming a sequel of this type (great for fans like me, but hardly bringing in COD numbers) for a year seemed a bit half hearted to say the least.

It’s because at the time Uncharted was really big, Xbox didn’t have an answer to that, and they struggled with the XOne so it makes sense to me. I don’t think it really did anything for them, though. 

18 hours ago, Maf said:

It’s because at the time Uncharted was really big, Xbox didn’t have an answer to that

Am I right in thinking that Microsoft have nabbed something to do with the original tomb wrecker himself, Indiana Jones? 

I might have dreamt this.

No. I've just checked. They have.😀

I reckon they should do a deal with Square enix and put Lara in it.

Finished my playthru of this. I love this game, and I really hope this trilogy isn't it for Lara. She's had a good run I suppose, but I still like running her around these gorgeous tombs and indulging her rather cute psychotic homicidal impulses. 

Bring her back I says. There's loads of stuff still out there for her to kill.

350f0c93-1165-4ec3-a96b-6f4caf661d48.png