passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Rise of the Tomb Raider.

illdog

Yessir! I like what I've played alot, probably done the first hour. Its extremely similar to the first one but that's no bad thing. Poor fucking bitch, she's already taken a hell of a beating.

Agree with Nag on the looks, its stunning. That snow...

Controls are lovely: fluid and intuitive. Lots of stuff to do and already had tons of action. Looking forward to spending all Saturday with it.

This continues to be awesome... if you like this kind of game. If you werent a fan of the first game I can't really see this being the version to change your mind but it is definately a superior game than it's predecessor so it might be worth giving it another chance.

The base camps are are more fun to explore this time around, they dont feel like such a chore as so far they've been a bit less spread out. The challenge tombs are quite epic, they feel much bigger than the last outing. I havent found them difficult thus far as to need a guide yet they are complex enough to make you feel a little smug when you finally get to the relic the tomb is protecting.

The gameplay to me doesnt feel like you are just traversing from basecamp to basecamp, it feels like it one long flowing adventure. It has been a couple of years since I played the fist one so I might be judging it a bit harsher than fair, it's just how I remember it.

I quite like the addition of missions, picked up from friendly NPC's, clear out a cave from it's resident wildlife or revisit a previously visited area to collect some intel - adds a little more meat to an already well stuffed sandwich.

So 12 hours in and all thumbs up.

Gosh darnit, looks good and plays well you say.

Presumably she doesnt get stuck on an island in this one again, does that bring with it some improvements that you would expect, like having a proper base a la the croft mansion in the original ones?

Yea, its awesome, listen to me.

I ran in to a dark cave yesterday that was in a little forest like dwelling.... and instantly turned and fled because a fucking massive bear just charged at me. I fucking near shit my pant, didnt expect that at all. I shot him with a sneaky poison arrow as I was backing away, shot him with two or three more from my position on a tree log that jutted out from a river bank where I knew he could get me. After he retreated back in to his cave I snuck back in and fired another two or so poison arrows whuch just made him made and he charged at me. I stopped fucking about with arrows and decided to unload my pistol in his face and stand my ground as he roared toward me, the sixth bullet put him down and he slid to a hault right at my feet like it was a film. It was epic.

Had the same thing with a tiger a bit later on, hadnt seen one in the game at all up untill this point, i did notice the music changed slighly, then the cunt was on me. Shit my pants again. He's still out there too, got a couple of arrows in him but he sure is sturdy. Just adds to the game though, good surprises 33% in to the game.

The cunt gamers are gonna be cunts when it comes to situations like this. The game seems cool and isn't going to get the attention it deserves launching on one console (and the lesser popular one) and going against Fallout 4. But while you can blame cunt gamers for that some of the fault lies with Square Enix for making this decision. They won't admit it didn't pay off and we'll never know since they'll never admit it, they tend to stand by decisions made.

That's the problem with exclusives; sometimes they get more exposure (Halo 5) and sometimes they get less. I think this time this has fallen in the latter.

26% in and I love it. It improves on the reboot in every possible way. Strong hints of The Last of Us this time around as well with the way crafting and using items works, which only makes it better. So far there has been a lot more exploration than combat, too. It's a shame it sold so poorly in its first week, hopefully sales will pick up over the next month. I'll probably finish, trade in, and buy it again on PS4 next Christmas with all the DLC.

I needed that bears face so he had to go down. You'll know if it's a tiger Nag as the music change and he'll be on your ass like Elton.

Im 21 hours in I think, it's been pretty great for most of that time. I have a love hate thing with the Tombs in that I never look forward to them but when i'm doing them I think they're really good. The game forces you in to a gunfight sometimes and this I dont like. This isnt a shooter, there's no real cover system, the enemies take a lot of bullets without a headshot to take them down and you havent always got time to line one up as the enemies intelligently flank you whilst expending alot of bullets.

But that's my only gripe, everything else is a-ok. The main storyline gameplay is awesome and there is just a fuck ton of collectables to sink your teeth in to, its an OCD playground. I'm having fun man, fun I tell you.

Yes sir, found my first one yesterday, thought that was pretty cool. It contained some ammo and materials to craft shit with, is that what yours had?

I pounded this game hard yesterday. In fact, I finished it. The last part is extremely combat heavy but despite that being the games weakest component it was enjoyable enough. On the whole GOTY for sure, it was pretty brilliant.

Managed to find and complete all the optional tombs and a sat on 85% completion.

This game has a level select with a score attack and time attack mode. You also get cards that can help or hinder your progress, if you hinder yourself like starting with no ammo for example you get more points upon completion - a risk/reward system. Might have a go at a few of them.

• 3 weeks later...

All expeditions are now Gold Starred, there was only one that gave me a few problems in the end (climbing the Tower), that one didn't have any combat so it relied purely on speed and keeping up a combo.

Fucking quality effort old son. I dont know how you had the patience for it though, I had a go on a few of them and I just couldnt be fucked with it.

I will 100% the actual game though. Oh yes, mark my words. MARK THEM.