passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel's Spider-Man

spatular

One of the things I like about the new character model is he looks more like an average guy. I get tired of Peter looking like a model or Hollywood actor. He needs to be very skinny, average looking guy. Which I think this is closer too but it’s still weird.

Actually yea, that looks like Tom Holland. And the other one looks like Andrew Garfield

Kinda like Disney rolled on in and were like 'please dont make your spidey look like those shit films you did, make it look like our shit'

Maybe the reason I'm annoyed by it is it reminds me of the Crystal Dynamics avengers and how it all feels like a knock off of those movies, while Spidey was its own cool thing that really worked by not leaning into that stuff at all.

I think he looks all right but is a bit on the young side considering in the game he is supposed to be 26. 

I’m glad he’s pastier, though. When you think about it why would Peter have a tan when most of the time he’s got a mask on 

The part of trying to match the voice/motion capture actors face just feels like a half truth.

I mean I guess structurally I see it

Yuri_Lowenthal_2018_cropped.jpg

But it really is eerie how they went from knock off Andrew Garfield to knock off Tom Holland. I find it not hard to believe a suggestion was made to move the image a little bit closer to the brand and not the 'obsolete' one.

Otherwise you'd imagine less of a huge change here. They changed Lara Croft's face for a similar 'technical' reason but it's still not as big a departure as this looks

I thought of the Tomb Raider thing as well but that was an improvement all the way. She looked stiff and stone-faced in the first reboot but a lot more humanlike in the sequels. Here it's just a change that's neither better or worse to the observer, just different.

IGN made a comparison, too:

Personally I think the darker last-gen lighting looks better in some cases here. Weird.

Maybe because Raytracing is more realistic and yet we're all used to seeing unrealistic lighting in movies etc.?

Really weird, random change. But yeah, it's weird at the moment but I'm sure I'll get used to it (if I play the Remaster). I don't really think new Pete looks like Tom Holland think, think people are stretching a bit there. He does look younger than Miles though.

It reminds me of the time I was playing on my PS2, and then someone showed me Gears of War....

Seriously, I don't know if that's meant to be some kind of promotional video for the PS5, but I can imagine it putting a lot of casual gamers off bothering, at least for now.

3 hours ago, bellow said:

Seriously, I don't know if that's meant to be some kind of promotional video for the PS5, but I can imagine it putting a lot of casual gamers off bothering, at least for now.

It's just a comparison video from some YTer.

I think casuals who watch the Miles Morales PS5 footage won't be put off, it's disappointing it doesn't look as good as Demon's Souls, R&C, GT7 and MM etc. sure (and I expected a bit more from it too) but this is Remaster after all.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Idk why. Maybe amnesia. But I picked this up and my initial impressions came flooding back. I was falling asleep swinging between backpacks and landmarks and when there was combat I got rsi mashing square. I don’t get what I’m missing that everyone else sees in it 😩

It's a very OK game, the most OK a game can be. It's the most I've been into a spiderman thing since the 2nd Sam Raimi film, but that isn't saying a huge amount

It is possible some mind control spell has been cast on some people who play these games though, considering how much people on here keep telling me that Miles Morales game looks incredible. Man, on this system alone (PS4) there are better looking games than that, I'd put Death Stranding above it (especially the later areas)

I enjoy the web slinging but knowing you’re on your way to something you won’t enjoy dampens the experience. I want it to love me. Is there a counter? Or is it just circle (dodge)? I had a hard time at that frisk place when a gunman shows up.

I think it’s hurt me playing it a little over a year ago and now having to re learn the controls.