passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel's Spider-Man

spatular

20 minutes ago, Maf said:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-09-22-spider-man-remastered-wont-work-with-ps4-spidey-saves

Insomniac are saying no free upgrade if you got the PS4 version, saves don’t carry over and the remastered game has its own trophy list. 

Insomniac never came out and expressly said no free upgrade:

Responding to fan questions via Twitter, Insomniac also gave its clearest suggestion yet there will be no free upgrade to this version for existing Spider-Man owners.

Eurogamer are just intimating that that's the case as saves don't transfer over and Spidey Remastered has a whole new Trophy List.

I can’t see many people caring that their save doesn’t carry over.

Not saying there’s a free upgrade is the reason there’s unlikely to be. It’s a nice sales pitch so not having it to say pretty much rules it out.

Surely adding the new trophy list is purposefully making everyone want to double dip/pay up ?

13 minutes ago, DisturbedSwan said:

I mean, it does almost sound like a ground-up remake from what they've said

It really doesn’t. And it’s a bit shit a last gen game on next gen hardware makes you choose between speed or graphics imho but hey ho.

1 minute ago, one-armed dwarf said:

That stuff wouldn't require rebuilding the whole game.

I said almost a ground-up remake, I didn't say an actual ground-up remake. 

I should've been clearer, but what I mean is this sounds like a much 'deeper' remaster than just a fresh coat of paint so to speak.

Ok yea fair.

People need to be realistic about these systems, they aren't magic unlimited power or anything like that. 

Even now you take a peek at the latest rtx 3080, you still need to run DLSS (performance improvement option at expense of visual quality) to hit decent smoothness in a game like Control if you want ray tracing. Even big dick PC will still have to decide between looks and speed

It's always going to be like this, it's not an indictment of these systems or the engineers at Insomniac.

4 minutes ago, Nag said:

Either way, I'm already sick of the trade off and the machines aren't even here yet.

I agree, I want both all the time as well ideally. I think we may have to wait until the next-next-gen to get that though, unless that Gen focuses on 8K instead.

At least 30 fps is a nice framerate for spidey, dmc is hitting 30 on ps5 RT mode just cause of some puddles and I find it hilarious to think that's a worthwhile compromise for a game like that lol.

Also Spidey is known to be severely deficient on the puddles side of things so I can understand dedicating all resources to making the game as puddley as possible. 

Make spidey wet again

Waaah they changed Peter’s character model

50395503493_3381c3739a_h.jpg

One of the new costumes is the Amazing Spider-Man movie costume

50396356732_5be575684d_h.jpg

Ray tracing?

50395503813_705ddcdd67_h.jpg

We were so excited to announce that a voucher code for Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered will be included* with the Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales: Ultimate Edition on the PlayStation 5 console. This is a full next-gen remastering of Marvel’s Spider-Man – the team has been carefully crafting the definitive version of the game with new assets, technology, and updates. We’re taking advantage of next-generation technologies that the PlayStation 5 console introduces, as well as bringing some additional features to the game, including three new suits.

Let’s talk about graphical updates. The team has done the painstaking work of updating the city’s environment to take advantage of the new console. Beyond improved models and materials, one of the biggest things we have brought to the game is ray-traced reflections and ambient shadows. We now have true reflections on the windows of buildings, and it looks stunning with our new skies and weather.

But it’s not just the environments; our characters have also gotten a huge upgrade. From higher fidelity skin, eye, and teeth shaders to individually-rendered strands of hair, the new tech and detail brings our characters and their performances to new life.  

This does bring us to one of the bigger changes. In order to bring the best performances to players with our next-generation Marvel’s Spider-Man games, we have recast the face of Peter Parker. We loved working with John Bubniak on the original game; however, to get a better match to Peter Parker/Spider-Man actor Yuri Lowenthal’s facial capture, we have cast Ben Jordan to be the face model for Peter Parker on the PS5 console. He looks incredible in-game, and Yuri’s moving performances take on a new life.

Additionally, thanks to the power of the PS5 console, we’re now able to offer a high frame rate through Performance Mode, which targets a 60fps frame rate! This allows you to experience the beginning of the Marvel’s Spider-Man storyline like never before. It feels amazing to play.

That’s not all! We take full-advantage of other next-generation PlayStation features like near-instant loading (don’t worry, you can turn back on those humorous fast-travel animations if you miss them), Spatial 3D Audio on compatible headphones, and the revolutionary DualSense controller’s haptic feedback and adaptive triggers.  We’ve also brought new photo mode features to the game that we developed for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales: you can now place lights in the environment and change your Spider-Suit after you’ve lined up your shot! 

They put up a short video as well. The thing that throws me off is they didn’t change the body (By the looks) so it’s this weird thing seeing the wrong head on the body. 

Maybe it’s just initial shock. 

I do think one of the weird things about the PS4 version is the eyes and mouth of the characters and already it looks way better. But an entirely new face is making it weird. 

Frankly should of changed Miles as well. Now Miles looks older than Peter. 

I'm thinking I'm down on it because I'm sick of young kid characters, by young kid I mean anyone who looks below the age of 22.

That other Spidey was cool I think cause he felt like someone who'd already undergone some character growth. Technically this is the same dude but it still looks very young.

They've argued that apparently the new guy matches the mocap of the actual actor better or something but I dunno. Like how much further than we go with mocap anyway, I don't really buy that the improvements are visible there outside of lighting in that video they released.

Anyway not furious about this or anything cause it's Spidey lol but still