passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Marvel's Spider-Man

spatular

Gotta say I'm disappointed with costumes with this one, and you know the Into the Spider-Verse costume will be the final unlock so there won't be a chance to use it until you NG+ the thing. 

I really hope this one is better than Turf Wars ?

Also I hope Spider-Man throws Screwball into a wood chipper.

Yeah I found Turf Wars to be pretty annoying. Even on Easy,some of the fights were absolutely ridiculous. Being bombarded with rockets,and chain gunners simultaneously went from “this is tough” to “You’ve got to be bloody kidding me”. 

I was honestly glad when it was over.

24 minutes ago, Nag said:

They don't?

They do. You have the proceeding cutscene where it’s prerendered so you’re wearing their PS4 suit and then you get into the Octopus suit and final battle. I was mad at both because I did the whole adventure in the classic spidey costume and would like to have finished it that way. Seems really dumb to give the player choice right through the game until the story takes over. I hate it when games do that

3 hours ago, Jimbo Xiii said:

@RikSP why would they feel like dickheads? Seemed like it worked to me. 

If you think Insomniac made the Raimi suit in two weeks as a reaction to entitled twitter trolls you are actually mad. Certifiably so. 

The costume was teased back in August

image.png

And making a costume, specifically a licensed one, isn't as simple as flicking a switch, so no, it didn't "work". It was always intended to come out, but the shitty entitled fanbase wanted it "right fucking now!" and were acting like absolute ass holes when the final three DLC costumes were revealed. 

Unfortunately a percentage of those entitled ass holes are going to believe it was their shitty behaviour that made this happen. If I were Insomniac I'd have said "fuck 'em" and scrapped it. They're too good a developer.  

I think you’ve missed the point that it wasn’t the entitled fan outrage that got them the suit, as Jimbo was alluding to, but that the suit was always intended to be given out as free DLC, regardless of how long it has been ready/in development for.

I’m also confused how teasing a costume they’ve given away for free is stringing people along for cynical marketing reasons. If they’d done it then gone “Here you go, $5 please!” then I’d see your point, but Insomniac getting literally nothing out of this, it’s just goodwill for the community. No one is going to go out and buy the game purely because some ugly ass costume is available in it now. Everyone who wants this suit owns the game already so I fail to see what it had to do with marketing. 

@Jimbo Xiii That’s essentially what I said so I completely agree with you ☺️ Honestly I would have loved it if they’d gone “We actually made it, but fuck you guys.”

But mostly because I have no intention of using the suit because it’s ugly as fuck so not releasing it wouldn’t have affected me at all ?

26 minutes ago, Nag said:

How does pissing (the minority) of your fanbase off help with marketing?

that they get a reveal now in time with the final dlc, it gets people talking about the game, gets news stories on websites, like has happened today ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  unless you can tell me a reason beyond marketing they've waited until today to announce and release it?

Really @RikSP, I was wondering why you were so angry about it and why you felt the need to insult someone because they weren't as angry as you? It might be worth settling yourself down rather than getting angry about other people getting angry about a videogame characters outfit to the point you take it out on other people

2 minutes ago, RikSP said:

@DANGERMAN When did I get angry?

well it started about 5 hours ago according to the forum, but I'm more concerned about this aimed at Jim

1 hour ago, RikSP said:

If you think Insomniac made the Raimi suit in two weeks as a reaction to entitled twitter trolls you are actually mad. Certifiably so. 

posting furiously over "entitled fans" isn't a great look, it doesn't read well, but that's up to you, no one is going to tell you to stop, but don't start being a dick to other forummers

3 minutes ago, RikSP said:

@DANGERMAN When did I get angry?

1 hour ago, RikSP said:

And making a costume, specifically a licensed one, isn't as simple as flicking a switch, so no, it didn't "work". 

Maybe a bit peeved?

Also, you're right we do seem to be making the same point about some shitty digital spandex. 

Also, any marketing is good marketing. We're a few days aware from Christmas, people will be getting PSN credit no doubt and anyone on the fence has just been made aware of the Spiderman game again.

Yeah I think you’ve both massively misread my tone here. The only time I’ve actually been ‘angry’ in this thread is when talking about Screwball. 

As for calling Jimbo mad? I honestly thought my choice of word being ‘mad’ instead of something like ‘prick’ or  ‘cunt’ would have been enough to show I was messing about and not actually trying to insult him so @Jimbo Xiii if that comment upset you I apologise.

But yeah, I wasn’t and still am not angry.