Sign in to follow this  
ThreeFour

Resident Evil 2

The stuff of nightmares...😂😂

First S rank speed run done...

IMG_eb10faa8-9ca1-4b15-80a9-f0f422b57b65.png

Did a few things there that weren't needed so I could shave that down, I'll never be one of these people who can do a sub two hour run though... That's just nuts.

One achievement left.😉

I’m now about 6 hours into Claire’s B Campaign.

After defeating eyeball guy I really enjoyed the bit stumbling around the parking garage and the story beats here, going to some of the places that were closed off in Leon’s Campaign. For some reason there was a ridiculous amount of Licker’s here though?! But with the Grenade Launcher they were easy enough to see off. 

Once I got back into the Police Station things got back into a familiar rhythm though, I still loved exploring the unseen areas and the Office area you find yourself in when you return was fantastic and a real feast for the eyes. Unfortunately after awhile I just got back in a familiar rhythm of backtracking to find all red rooms on the map and then going through some of the same puzzles again to get the Parking Garage Token.

It was still good, don’t get me wrong but I just felt like I was on autopilot really, going through the motions rather than being particularly amazed, scared or thrilled. I just don’t really find the game scary either really, the Lickers creep me out a bit but the Zombies do nothing, I think the Mould from RE7 - as generic as they are - freaked me out quite a bit more, that game scared me far more than this too at times.

I have continuity issues at times too. Some things there are elements of Leon having been there or done something in a certain part of the Station but others I have to repeat the exact same actions? Like the Medallions at the start, getting the electrical parts from the Clock Tower, the Cop Car boot in the Parking lot etc. I don’t get why I had to fight eyeball guy again either? Surely he should’ve fucked off after Leon battered him? Even if Leon faces him after Claire then why is it the exact same fight? Maybe I’m overthinking it.

Spoiler

I will say though there was an ingenious moment in the interrogation room. When you’re with Leon you’re on the other side of it and the window has a massive hole through it and there’s a dead Licker on the floor. In Claire’s playthrough the window is untouched and you’re like ‘hang on...’ then the Licker jumps out and smashes the window.

I also thought the Orphanage sections were genius, it reminded me a lot of RE7 but was such a nice change of pace. The bits when you get out of the Station and are walking the streets of Raccoon City are great too, it’s just a bit of a shame that I’m back in the sewers now.

More pics:

2D66920E-2792-491B-8DE2-68151451031E.png

1A3A38E4-99B9-4E40-9503-D3D9CD2A1E94.png

1BCA2309-E913-43B2-BD2A-A46BD29C51DE.png

1 hour ago, Blakey said:

I have continuity issues at times too.

The campaign's don't work like that, it's an either/or situation with them... It's why both can be considered canon.

I've seen some really stupid arguments in regards to two Mr X running around the station and other stuff.🙄

As someone who never played the original, I thought the missed the opportunity to fix that problem.

How hard would it have been to create a couple of new situations to make the 2 scenarios work in tandem, like a different puzzle and route to the garage for the second character.

The game certainly implies at the beginning that these two people exist in the same universe and are being forced apart to make their own way to the end of the game.

Well you'd need all new bosses and areas to fight said bosses in at the very least so quite a bit of work to be fair.

It works similarly to the first Remake now, Jill and Chris share the majority of the same story beats and either campaign could be looked on as canon.

Imagine how many players nowadays wouldn't of even met Mr X if he was only introduced in the "B" scenarios...😂

Last run complete, base game and dlc done... 1050g/1050g.

IMG_fa9207dd-21aa-4a98-87de-0d94bec06132.png

I much prefer Claire's campaign (both of them)... but either way this has been such a pleasure to play. There's only one game this year that has a cat in hell's chance of beating this to my GotY.

On 29/03/2019 at 18:32, Maf said:

Link’s Awakening Remastered?

On 29/03/2019 at 20:52, Nag said:

Fuck off @Maf

Just genuinely burst out laughing at this exchange.

I've gone back to this as I have it on PS4 now (did I ever leave)... I've gone straight to Leon A Hardcore and obviously that means I have no infinite knife to help me out... It's definitely made things interesting, making me decide whether to hope for critical headshots or popping a leg and then doing just enough damage with the knife to take another leg or arm and leave them flopping on the floor.

I actually had my first Zombie death in ages yesterday too which cost me about 40 minutes game time, I was trying to play conservatively when a zombie actually juked me and when I turned to deal with him a fucking female I hadn't notice come through the door cheap shotted me from the back.

I love this game.

Finished Claire's B run on Hardcore today, it's the first time I've done a B route on Hardcore and I really enjoyed it, the difficulty is really front loaded though... you struggle so much for handgun bullets to begin with.

I kind of wish the B route was the default one to be honest what with Mr X being there from almost the start and also getting the last boss. It's a shame you have to rely on that shit sixshooter style gun though.