passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil 2

ThreeFour

As someone who never played the original, I thought the missed the opportunity to fix that problem.

How hard would it have been to create a couple of new situations to make the 2 scenarios work in tandem, like a different puzzle and route to the garage for the second character.

The game certainly implies at the beginning that these two people exist in the same universe and are being forced apart to make their own way to the end of the game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Started this last night. That’s the most disgusting burger I’ve ever seen. Along with one of the most graphically impressive beards I’ve ever seen. 

Absolutely loving it. Made me jump a few times And I just love the puzzle and exploration stuff in RE games. Simple but fun. Just reached the part

Spoiler

where Mr. X gets killed. On that subject, I found him quite stressful, but not in a good way. I found him more annoying than anything. Just gets in way, he was scary when he first appeared and started chasing me but after that first bit he just got on my nerves for slowing me down. This may hurt me replaying it as much as the others and getting all the achievements. Will see, maybe some unlocks will make him more tolerable. 

First play through done. Could have probably knocked a hour off that but went round in circles a couple of times clearing the red rooms. 

Started Leon straight away, difficulty has ramped up significantly already. First Licker beat the shit out of me. Need more than a handgun for those bastards! 

02F121A2-23BB-46DA-836B-93D0DB969911.jpeg

• 9 months later...

I’ve been saying to myself all day “Tonight I’m playing RE2, tonight I’m playing RE2”. Now night time is almost here and I’m back tracking and thinking I would be able to play this was stupid ?

• 6 months later...

I tried a FPS mod for this. It was a really bad idea cause I'm really sick now, turns out you can't just mod a third person game into a first person one and have it be nice and smooth ?

I tried to make a clip of it but just watching it makes me want to die. Here's a video someone else made of it that I'm not going to watch 

PC puker race

• 3 months later...

So I did buy this and RE3 today (digitally, I feel so dirty).

What's the recommended order to play them? The numbers in the titles and the story probably say 2 -> 3 but from what I've gathered 2 is actually quite a bit better than 3 so maybe 3 -> 2 is a better idea?

I suppose at the end of the day I can't really know which one I prefer until I played them anyway.

I guess I'll just play them in the order of their releases like everyone else did, probably. I'm actually more intrigued by 3 than 2 to be honest.

2 is way better than 3. It has more content, more puzzles, and felt it lasted longer.

That doesn’t mean 3 is bad. It just doesn’t have as much going for it as 2 does. 3 cut out a fair bit of content from the original, and didn’t really add anything to justify doing so. Other than that multiplayer mode, but who even gives a fuck about that anymore.