passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Resident Evil 2

ThreeFour

3 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Doesn't the infiknife save you from being chomped on? If you don't escape racoon city with a spork and a lighter then can you really call yourself a survivor?

So too do grenades. Tbh with the amount of things that can save you having something always there makes little difference if you don't get chomped ? been trying to perfect the old bait n sweep round on these Zombos. They're a bit more 'sticky' when it comes to grabbing you. The original they were dumb and slow as owt ?

1 hour ago, OCH said:

So no Bowgun in this one? @Nag Plus how you getting on with Tofu? As I haven't seen you mention him yet...

Nope. No leaving stuff for scenario B peeps either. When you look back quite a bit is different. Which is testament to how good this remake is in feeling familiar yet new. 

Top stuff.

That's it, finally.

Don't know  how you guys were bringing in those 5 hour runs. It took me over 18 hours to get thru both scenarios! And my saves were close to 3 figures.

What a game, though. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and gore. Loved Leon's arsenal, and the way you got to put down that nasty final boss. Can't wait for Christmas, so I can have it all over again as my festive horror game (like I did this year with Resi revelations.)

My only criticism was the the 

Spoiler

use of narratively jarring contradictions in the weave of the two scenarios, like having to do the same puzzles and bosses.

I'm sure they could have ironed that out with just a bit of thought.

Still, excellent.

A & B scenarios were very different in Original RE 2. Perhaps they just tried to put too much into 'A' , instead of evening out their ideas between the two. The idea being not everyone will play both, so showoff the default campaign as much as possible?

Whatever the question is it's cause of some virus probably

Here's a thing. Why is it that Birkin gives Wesker in RE1 this virus that turns him superhuman but keeping his intelligence and he keeps the useless, mindless flesh mutant G rubbish for himself?

What is wrong with Umbrella, they fucking had it made with that shit Wesker got given. Job done, no more stupid virus research and zombo problems.

Why am I expecting more out of the plot of a Resident Evil game?

12 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Whatever the question is it's cause of some virus probably

Here's a thing. Why is it that Birkin gives Wesker in RE1 this virus that turns him superhuman but keeping his intelligence and he keeps the useless, mindless flesh mutant G rubbish for himself?

What is wrong with Umbrella, they fucking had it made with that shit Wesker got given. Job done, no more stupid virus research and zombo problems.

Why am I expecting more out of the plot of a Resident Evil game?

Wesker needs to keep taking it though. That was a plot point in RE 5.

As far as I recall, T-Virus turns humans into Zombies and then into Crimson Heads. G-Virus turns humans into Zombies and then into Lickers. Take too much 'G' while being virtually dead, you eventually end up as a Monster Vagina. I forget if Tyrant and Nemesis were designer monsters or started as an experimented on guy. The real head scratcher is when they use these viruses on other animals... 

27 minutes ago, Nag said:

Wrong.

SZQ4.gif

After a little fact checking. Correct! Memory, eh? T-Virus turns humans into Zombies and eventually Crimson Heads. G-Virus turns Zombies into Lickers. Taking all the various things these viruses create though, the Hunter is probably the best/most reliable thing they have produced in the entire series. Obedient yet lethal. More or less everything else just goes mad after a while.

Took me a fair while and a few pauses in between, but finished as Leon for the first time.

Got a C rank, 11 hours and 37 saves.

Now to play as Claire but to see from her perspective rather than her do the same things as Leon, I choose New Game (2nd run), @Nag?

Yeah I’ve noticed so far that although it has zipped forward the story quite a bit and some stuff Leon has already done, other things don’t quite make sense. Like, in order for Leon to leave a message in the police room, he would’ve had to use the turn handle, which is missing and Claire has to do the same thing.

That side of things only gets worse. My memory of original RE2 is very foggy, but I recall that game giving a more solid reason to play both campaigns and avoiding some of the dissonance that this remake just jumps right into.

I really wish I could play the A scenario with the B ending. The A scenario is better paced but is devoid of a satisfying finale. I don't care much about the extra guns Claire and Leon get on their B scenarios either really, especially the one Leon gets and holds all gangsta like.