MFGamers

Tomb Raider

wholehole

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured I’d use my GamePass sub to go through the two most recent TR games I haven’t played, but I can’t remember too much of this one, so I’m going through this first.

Seems to hold up pretty well. Runs better than it did on my laptop, which sounded like a jet engine at points.

I’m not sure I’ll finish it, or just play enough to get the general gist before I move onto the next one.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed going back through it, though I will say that the story and loads of the set pieces were so forgettable I barely remembered any of them!

I vaguely remembered one of the characters

turning out to be a turn-coat cunt but he got his in fine style.

I’ll give it a few days and give Rise a try for the first time. I’ve got high hopes as most people seem to regard that as the high point of the trilogy.

• 2 years later...

I've mentioned this already, but the 25 anniversary for TR has given us some interesting insight into the series. One of the last videos they uploaded showed an early version of the reboot game when it was still called Ascension and going surprisingly far into survival horror. Even at this early stage it looked really creepy (the more interesting stuff starts happening at around 3:20).

I'm glad we got what we got, but it's cool to see how many different approaches they were experimenting with.