passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Devil May Cry 5

AndyKurosaki

That looks like the PC mod of Vergil. I tried it before and it's really janky, you can just spam infinite teleport lol.

They should put that song in that fight tho, the one they chose was terrible.

They are showing it tomorrow I think.

One thing I'll say is if you spend enough time looking at modded dmc you'll only disappoint yourself when you play the console version cause omg the mods do so much for a game like this.

Boring stream, they spent 20 minutes on puddles and 10 seconds on Vergil.

At least Vergil had a move in the footage that isn't in the PC mods so there's some new stuff I guess. I have a feeling tho they're designing the character to be like the reboot character cause he only has one weapon so far which would be disappointing.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried loading that mission on my pc just now and it took 7 seconds. Boo, I can't flex on PS5 loading speeds ?

edit tried again with a hidden 'dx12' option which cuts a few seconds off this, but the PS5 load speeds from what I've seen are closer to 2 seconds in some cases anyway

They should just take out the 'press X' part imo, I bet loading the splash screen makes it slower just cause of the fade out. This is why lots of PS5 stuff is doing loading transitions like how Ratchet is I bet, less jarring

Here's some xbox loading I guess

Although there's so little dmc footage here it almost doesn't belong.

DMC is a good test case I think for most improved by SSD cause it has such a terrible UI where every single screen has its own loading screen. Which you can see above.

Still salty the special edition is console exclusive. They did the same shit for DmC Definite Edition which is the only version of that game I enjoy and it's stuck on PS4 forever.

edit actually this is the regular version of the game. Will there be a difference though? Probably not, it's all the same assets the new one just has ray tracing

Anyway, this is out (again) next month with an official version of turbo mode, which PC players have been enjoying in modded form. 

Watching this makes me appreciate 120fps a bit more cause it's really hard to follow some of what's going on when it's only 60fps.

2 minutes ago, Maf said:

What is that on?

PS5 I think.

DMC5 has such bad loading problems tho that these benchmarks imo only bring it to about round where it should have been originally. 

To me it's only impressive in the sense that it makes a bad performing game run sort of acceptable now. I mean it's mostly just loading slimy hallways.

In that same thread the guy confirms that the Vergil dlc will come to other platforms by Christmas, so a couple weeks after the launch of the new consoles probably

https://www.resetera.com/threads/dmc5-se-announced-for-playstation-5-and-xbox-series-x-vergil-dlc-also-coming-to-last-gen-versions-pc.287831/post-49058083

Getting easier and easier to click 'cancel' on that PS5 pre-order.