AndyKurosaki

Devil May Cry 5

Finished this earlier. Took me 14 hours.

I ended up really enjoying it. The story is probably what surprised me the most, it was actually surprisingly decent. I’d always kind of zoned out before whenever anyone would bring up DMC’s timeline or anything and had never really warmed to Dante et al. But I grew to love all the cast quite a bit by the end, even the villains were really cool and multifaceted.

It started off super slow and confusing but once things get to the halfway point everything comes together in a satisfying way and then the run up to the conclusion doesn’t mess about and it’s all over before you know it without pussy footing about.

I have to say I thought the level design was actually way better than I expected. I saw a lot of reviews list it as a major negative but I never really had any issues with it, even the tree-root levels (of which there are many to be fair) never grew old to me as they were always a little bit different than one another in some way that kept things feeling fresh and varied enough throughout those sections. The way the London-esque cityscape weaved into the roots was really well done as well I thought.

But yeah the combat is definitely the meat of the pie and it is fucking amazing once you get used to everything enough and unlock a certain number of skills, weapons etc. I never in a million years thought I’d get an SSS rank but I did earlier with Dante!

Never in a million years did I ever think I’d rate this over RE2 before this year began either, but here we are. DMC5 is just way more fun than RE2 overall.

Dude you think Anthem is better than RE2 🤦‍♂️ 

5 minutes ago, RikSP said:

Dude you think Anthem is better than RE2 🤦‍♂️ 

I do.

Mission 13 is so much fun! 🤗😍

Spoiler

When our DT synced it was 🤯

Never thought I'd see co-op DMC, even if it is so limited as it is here. Capcom MP DLC pls I beg

Anthem. Better than RE2? Well,we all have different opinions. But there’s different,and then there’s....that. 😄

1 hour ago, AndyKurosaki said:

Anthem. Better than RE2? Well,we all have different opinions. But there’s different,and then there’s....that. 😄

Back in the days of GTM, I thought I was "The Weird One". @Blakey has certainly taken my old mantle here 😂

I had more fun with Anthem than with RE2 what can I say.

RE2 is a better made game and the first run through with Leon I loved but that second run with Claire just completely bummed me out, I detest having to go through the same motions again.

The continuity issues with the story, puzzles etc. I couldn’t ignore either.

I have thought about starting a thread just for spicy hot takes 😂.

3 minutes ago, Blakey said:

I have thought about starting a thread just for spicy hot takes 😂.

Please don't.

9 minutes ago, Blakey said:

The continuity issues with the story, puzzles etc. I couldn’t ignore either.

There aren't any....😬😬

Well,at least Resi 2 doesn’t kill PS4’s stone dead. So that makes it superior by default lol

On topic,just finished this before heading to work. Absolutely loved it. I may brave Son Of Sparda difficultly. Not Heaven and Hell through. Nope nope nope.

Bloody Palace update out on April 1st.

3 minutes ago, Nag said:

Bloody Palace update out on April 1st.

Releasing Big Boy DMC on April Fools Day? Very clever, Capcom 😄

I'm on DMD mission 12, royal guarded the shit out of Caveliere Angelo.

I think I really hate V. It's just nope. Cool idea but the execution is too finnicky especially on higher difficulty modes where precision really matters.

I did manage to parry a Nelo Angelo with Shadow which felt cool, but then his buddy Angelo came up and killed Shadow, Griffin and V together in one attack 😭

This game seems plattable, I'm going to add it to the collection 😈

up until the bit where he's defending his friend (in the Eurogamer link), I can't say he's massively out of line to me. He's stupid for saying it I guess, but both movements did get hijacked and misdirected, he seems to be saying that's a shame. Then saying women should be more assertive, there might be a blinkered logic to that, but is sort of missing issue a bit

I don't know what he's said about 8chan, I couldn't see that (unless it's just that tweet? I'll be honest, it's barely literate I'm not sure what he's trying to make). RE don't seem to like him much, Gaf probably love him

I've been playing inching my way through this, I missed a secret level, thought I had to go the long way around to line it up, ended up locked out of the area. Then I got one I couldn't do, I wish the game was a lot quicker loading back in when you hit retry on those. 

I'm not great with V yet. I'm not getting killed with him too often, that's more Nero, but I'm not really clicking with how to score well with him, there's a lot going on with him control wise

I’ve found most of the Secret Missions,not done many of them though,because I suck at it.

After doing Normal (aka Demon Hunter),blazed through on Easy to level up in preparation for a Son Of Sparda run. 5 missions down,doing ok so far. Got about 30 gold orbs,so should be able to manage that.

Chapter 19 sucks cock... that is all.