AndyKurosaki

Devil May Cry 5

I'm with you on this. 

DMC3 is still the best. I think I actually preferred DmC: Devil May Cry over this one, it just appealed to my angsty 20 something self and I'm a massive Combichrist fan so the soundtrack was perfect to me, and 5 feels like a cross between DmC and 4 so...

If we're sticking with canon though I place it higher than 2 and 4 for sure. 

DMC5 is better because Dante can switch styles without going to a menu 

I say 3 because 5 has weird balance issues. I love using royal guard but I think I'm discovering it's a bit of a crutch, it's just too powerful.

DMC3 is pretty perfect as an action game. Except for gunslinger being a load of rubbish.

Spoiler

I'm also a bit confused as to what the deal is with Vergil. He's like Loki now or something. Just evil when it suits him.

I'm confused with the story in general, it's full of plot holes. The biggest for me being when Dante uses the broken Rebellion to unlock Sin Devil Trigger how did he know about Yamato being used to split a person? V only told Trish that's what happened, and Dante wasn't there. Also if Dante knew V was a part of Vergil why did he let him go in for the killing blow?

I'm glad it was finally confirmed that Nero was Virgil's son though. And I liked how it tied all the games (not 2) together nicely. Did you read Morrison's notes? They made me want to rewatch the anime but my DVD's are in Leicester.

I haven't seen the anime. Well that's not true I watched one episode and Dante was moping around bars eating ice cream and kind of never kept with it.

There's some weird story stuff for sure but it brought that closure like you said. That was an annoying thing to leave unanswered properly for 11 years.

Anyway that's mission 20 on SoS in the bag, time to start DMD. Thanks to beating SoS I unlocked a skill for Dante that lets him use all his weapons at once if he wants. You can also choose to equip no weapons at all. Someone will turn that into a challenge run I'm sure.

Reading the Heaven and Hell trophy requirements and yeah, fuck that. If anyone can get that you're basically Sparda himself. 

Isn’t the Heaven and Hell mode where everybody dies in one hit? Or was that just in DmC?

That's Heaven or Hell. Heaven and Hell is enemies have 400% health and 400% damage, are faster, more aggressive, and more enemies spawn than on Devil Hunter.

I think what you’re describing is Hell and Hell? 

I did the one hit thing on DmC and it was super easy. Took like 4 hours to finish the game. I never went for the Hell and Hell though, that’s just punishment for the sake of it 

Heaven and Hell = everyone does in one hit.

Hell and Hell = Enemies die in one hit.👍

10 minutes ago, Maf said:

I think what you’re describing is Hell and Hell? 

Yeah you're right, I read it wrong. 

DMD is a blast so far. Gets me kind of emotional playing a game in 2019 which has this difficulty scaling magic. Where everything changes not just because it's harder but because you are doing things you couldn't do before to keep up with it. Reaching for this ultra instinct state.

That was the thing which really disappointed me with GoW 2018. Its harder modes ruined the game with their terrible damage scaling (enemies were tanks, Kratos was mush) and the combat systems tho good weren't built for multiple difficulties. I say that even though I love that game. But it just isn't this game right here, the one I really wanted. Where the learning never stops. Endless action. With bad camera angles.

Didn't think much of this fight on normal and SoS, but on DMD it's great fun. Post game nero spoilers.

Spoiler

I love that you can rev the sword during the buster grab. The game doesn't tell you that, you're just supposed to work it out

Up to Mission 13 now, 10 hours in.

Dante is a ton of fun. I experimented with his styles at the start but as soon as I combined Trickster with Balrog everything just seemed to click and I was getting S/SS ranks with relative ease pretty much every fight so I won't be changing it up much. It's just a ton of fun. Dante does feel like he's got the whole kitchen sink at his disposal and being able to combine all the weapons and play-styles together would be incredibly satisfying but it's a bit beyond my skill level at the moment - I feel I could get there but would have to practice for sometime in the Void.

Things have come together way better than I was expecting with the story too. I hadn't seen much of the story trailers and what I had seen hadn't made much sense to someone who's only played about 3 hours of DMC total before 5 but yeah it starts off really confusing but is pretty fantastic how it all fits together around the half-way point, certain questions have been answered already and now it seems as if I'm going towards a new goal. 

A pic:

601150_20190312172753_1.png

2 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Hide contents

I knew you were good, but holy shit. 

Sounds like this game has sold badly. That's sad, but this always felt like a Bladerunner 2049 situation to me.

If that is it then it's a great one to send it off with. I'll be playing this for a long time. Hopefully that rumoured DLC still happens

Where you getting that from? I was under the impression it did really well

Those figures are for Japanese physical sales only though, so it's probably comparative to 4 when you take digital into consideration. 

It's absolutely killing it on Steam at the minute, and looking at active users is projected to have sold well over 3 million copies opening weekend. 

It's Capcom's second biggest seller on PC (Monster Hunter World is still the king), and it debuted at number 1 in the UK and Japanese game charts. 

Then you just need to look at the total sales for all previous DMC games

image.png

Those Steam sales alone are on par with total sales of previous games, so when the console sales figures get released DMC 5 will most likely be the most successful one in the series. 

It's doing fine. 

Yeah, that’s what I thought. I heard it was doing good, too.

Dwarf you one-armed idiot