passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokémon Sword / Shield

HandsomeDead

So Pokemon Home is interesting. Obviously because you can transfer all Pokemon from the 3DS/Lets Go/Go games, but even more interesting is if the breeding mechanics don’t change much and all Pokemon transfer exactly as they are sent then I can move my 6 IV Ditto from Lets Go to Sword and Shield which will speed up getting competitive Pokemon very quickly. 

Don’t know why game companies are so focused on turning sleep in to games, though. Stupid.

They should let me work with the Pokemon Company. I have a great idea for Pokemon games. Let me pitch you on my idea for the ultimate Pokemon experience - Pokemon World. It blow your fucking mind open. 

I went to what I thought would be a Pokemon press conference one time but it was actually a furry thing where people kept calling me Pokemon Master and funny enough they were also offering hugs but I didn’t want one of those

Wait what

So I stealthily watched the last five minutes of the latest Direct at work and I didn't understand anything. Somehow you can fight with giant Pokémon and it looks kind of stupid. The new champ is a weirdo, the new Pokémon professor is an old lady and her assistant is some kind of model who's wearing an oversized coat (probably the first thing fans will take away when they start drawing her). It all ended with them showing off the titular legendary Pokémon and I think both look rather bad. They actually make Entei seem like a great design by comparison.

Gotta watch the complete thing with sound later on but as always with Pokémon: I'm looking forward to it while simulatiounsly being afraid of every new feature and addition.

I'm kinda into everything I've seen. 

Big Pokemon look ridiculous but I love it; their big, ridiculous moves are great for a game on the console that can be played on your TV and making it a big sports-like spectacle in the game world just ties things together perfectly. 

And I like the legendaries and how they have that look of an old regalia come to life. 

Totally into what I've seen.  And the co-op stuff is one of the cool concepts lifted from Pokemon Go.  And I'm glad it seems like they're putting in the wandering wild Pokemon from Let's Go. 

I agree with @DifferentClass everything looked great to me. I haven't played a mainline entry since X/Y though - as I got fucked over waiting for Sun/Moon to be ported to Switch then they never did - so I'm gagging to get stuck into a new mainline entry again, I loved Let's Go last year too.

The 4 player Max Raid battles look fantastic and will be great fun. The Dynamax stuff looks similar to the Mega evolution's of X/Y (think they did a play on that with Sun/Moon and the Alolan versions too?) but big badass Pokemon with a ton more power look great to me, it'll be cool to figure out when is the right time to use them in battles as well.

The Legendaries look great. I might have betray #TeamShield and go #TeamSword because Zacian looks like a slightly more colourful Sif from Dark Souls and I want him/her in my party so fucking bad.

I watched the trailer again on my tv and yeah I like everything about it. It’s more of a graphical step up than I had originally noticed. And hearing the original Pokemon theme playing when the two guys from Game Freak started talking, that was nostalgic...

Looks great. Big pokemon look silly but who cares really? Pokemon in general is silly.

I love how England looks when it's designed by people who have never been to England. Really looking forward to this.

I like Zacian, it looks like Sif from Dark Souls.

I really don't like Dynamax. I dislike it even more than Mega Evolutions which at least kind of fit into the spirit of Pokémon. This just feels tacked-on, ridiculous and makes absolutely no sense in every possible way. It doesn't even look good with the Yo-Kai Watch auras and the weird clouds above their heads.

Everything else is pretty cool though and I suppose I can just ignore the Dynamax stuff outside of a tutorial and some Gym/Elite Four battles.

Yes, Dynamax sucks. Just like Megas, just like Z moves, more bad, splashy gimmicks for otherwise great games. I bet you can do it in regular multiplayer, but I’m hoping they don’t allow it. Megas centralised team building, Z moves made offensive Pokemon too powerful and made prediction really hard, who knows what this will do. 

Gossifleur has really good abilities. But a early game, 2 stage evolution Pokemon typically not going to have great stats. And it’s pure Grass type too, which means it’s weak too basically everything. 

I think the ledgendary Pokemon are Ok, they’re fine. What’s really poor is the box art, I think. I hope that’s not final because it looked very boring. 

I think the game looks pretty good for a Switch game, but the open areas do look a bit barren. I like seeing wild Pokemon wandering around. Especially Pokemon like Milotic ( @Maryokutai loves Miltoic) and Tyranitar in the wild is really cool. Although when did the UK have deserts? 

Raids are whatever. I bet they tie some super critical stuff to it like getting rare Pokemon or Pokemon with hidden abilities or something. 

Just add random 6v6 Pokemon battles ranked laddering and done. 

4 hours ago, RikSP said:

Looks great. Big pokemon look silly but who cares really? Pokemon in general is silly.

Yep

Watched the direct. Actually looks great. I imagined it not being so open but it looks like they’ve made an actual great sense of scale open world area to do exploring and catching.