passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokémon Sword / Shield

HandsomeDead

• 1 month later...

So expansion pass. Oh, ho, ho, how mad are people going to be 

EDIT: Just watched the trailer. Man, there’s some really wild and dumb looking shit going on , eh. The “new” legendary birds looked very cool. All these extra dynamax versions looking lame, though.

Oh, it was a thing of unfiltered, barely controlled, ever spewing, err, beauty @Jimbo Xiii you should of seen it

There was a a crazy butcher, a picture of a dead guy, an endless army of spambots. And I stood there and defended it like the Lone Ranger [enter gun sound effect] not on my watch you dirty, kitchen seller

It's a bit disgusting that the shortest and arguably most rushed Pokémon game ever gets an Expansion Pass. But I already know it will sell a ton because because people have no backbone and just throw money left and right so who am I to blame the company responsible for exploiting the sheep.

I'm staying far away from this thing. I can buy and support two potentially great indie games crafted with love and heart for the same price and will probably do just that.

Not saying I won’t ever get the expansion, but right now I have no intention of getting it. Pokemon is one of my favourite series of all time but my fandom isn’t blind and has always fluctuated in line with the quality of the games, and I think it’s fair to say that right now I am at an all time low with the series. 

I’ll still pay attention to the news that comes out about the expansions and if there’s some super crazy thing worth getting them for of course, but right now this is absolutely no sale. 

I can’t believe the better Pokemon games on the Switch are the Let’s Go games. Crazy.

I don’t mind the Expansion Pass in theory, it does seem a lot of content for the money (£13 per pack) if both packs are as big as I think they’re gonna be but on the other hand I think it’s a bit shit that it’s the only way for mega Poké fans to complete their Pokédexs.

In hindsight Game Freak should’ve been up front about the Expansion Pass from the get go and told fans the reason for ‘Dexit’ though, there’s no excuse for the secrecy. 

13 hours ago, Maf said:

Oh, it was a thing of unfiltered, barely controlled, ever spewing, err, beauty @Jimbo Xiii you should of seen it

There was a a crazy butcher, a picture of a dead guy, an endless army of spambots. And I stood there and defended it like the Lone Ranger [enter gun sound effect] not on my watch you dirty, kitchen seller

I never thought I'd miss gtm until this!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Japan obviously didn’t get the memo about #blackouttuesday because the most disappointing game of 2019 returns!

That G-Max Blastoise, tho ?

Those legendary birds also look sick

It's sad I have to point it out but I love how nobody's talking in that trailer. Usually Japanese trailers have these super annoying voice-over that explains in absolutely detail everything that's happening on screen. This one was a joy to watch and I'm not even interested in the content.

If you have Pokemon Home you can use it to get the Sword and Shield starters with their hidden abilities. 

Intelion is getting Sniper which means critical hits do 2.25 damage instead of 1.5 (Meh)

Rillaboom is getting Grassy Surge which turns the field into grass for 5 turns and has various effects (Ok, not bad)

Cinderace is getting Libero which means it changes it’s typing based on whatever move it uses (Wow). This is basically Protean which I think got Greninja banned in the XY days. 

Extra fun fact is I looked up what Libero meant. It’s a football term.   

The sweeper (or libero) is a more versatile centre-back who "sweeps up" the ball if an opponent manages to breach the defensive line. This position is rather more fluid than that of other defenders who man-mark their designated opponents.

Huh. That’s actually an almost perfect name given Cinderace is a football Pokemon. In the meta game a Sweeper is someone who cleans up after the opposing team has been significantly weakened, so more of an attacker than a defender. It’s still appropriate, though, and it “being more fluid” because it can change it’s typing, and doesn’t have to “man-mark” because it can really hurt whatever is in front of it is clever also. Sometimes it’s easy to think GameFreak is lazy but I think this is well thought out. 

17 hours ago, Maf said:

Sometimes it’s easy to think GameFreak is lazy but I think this is well thought out. 

I don't think that's the case. Game Freak is doing the best they can with what little time, money and manpower they have. Nintendo and/or The Pokémon Company – whoever is responsible for making the executive decisions about their Pokémon games – is the one to blame. You can do only so much with 150 people and a two-year development cycle.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

EjFdDZeWsAEppeN?format=png&name=small

Err..

They had a Pokemon Direct today about the second piece of DLC the Crown Tundra.

I wish I liked this generation of Pokemon more because some of this stuff looks sick but I dislike their online systems too much and the requirement of engaging with it to get cool Pokemon. 

I will regurgitate the bits of info that stuck out and I half remember.

In November they’re putting Sword and Shield back out with both bits of DLC included. 

They’re releasing 8 special Pikachu’s that all have Ash’s hat from the anime (Hopefully they have Ash’s Pikachu’s stats as well lol). The first one is available now. You need a code.

They said all legendary Pokemon that were available in past games are now obtainable in the new DLC pack but they didn’t show Mew or anything. I guess technically Mew has never been available in game but stop playing Nintendo put them all in there.

The new design for the legendary birds looks sick

Pokemon Go Pokemon can now be transferred to the Switch games via Pokemon Home. There’s also a new version of Melmetal that can be got and when moved to the Switch games it can Gigantamax.

And maybe there was more, I forget.

Here’s a video

Nidoking and Dragonite are back! 2 of my favourites.