passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokémon Sword / Shield

HandsomeDead

• 2 weeks later...

So that new Galarian Ponyta is confirmed to be Psychic type. I don’t know how I feel about it. When they did Alolan variants the typings changed but the stats didn’t.

Ponyta and Rapidash have stronger physical attack stats than special, but most Psychic attacks are special. There aren’t any notable physical Psychic attacks that I can think of. Even Psyshock hits on the physically defensive side but is a special attack. 

Maybe they make new attacks.

Also maybe they redistribute and buff stats on older Pokemon to make them relevant, Rapidash is weak anyway. 

The one good thing I will say about Gigantamax is when Pikachu does it he looks more like old school Pikachu

dims?crop=1729%252C1080%252C22%252C0%26q

One day when I’m leader producer on a Pokemon game I’m going to make the best one ever and all the designs are going to be like Ken Sugimori’s original artwork 

tumblr_inline_o6fyroY1PK1qca3gi_640.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

You can pre-order this through eshop now. There is a version with a steelbook which is pretty weird. You also can't use one of those game vouchers they did to purchase that version. I say that is whack. I ordered Sword for the Sirfetch'd. Pretty bummed that i don't get a steelbook for my digital game tho. 

Oh, wow this game is out in 2 weeks. I just don’t know what to make of it so far. I hope it will be good but I’m not sure. I was thinking the other day it has been 6 years since the last truly great Pokemon games. Hopefully the change of platform helps them ‘do it again’ like it helped them last time

So rumour/maybe

The following Pokemon will not be in Sword and Shield

Slowbro

Slowking

Tangrowth 

Amoonguss

Alomomola

Audino

Mienshao

Tornadaus-T

What do all these Pokemon have in common? They can all come with the ability Regenerator. Regenerator is, depending on who you ask, a broken ability that lets a Pokemon get 30% of it’s health back whenever it switches out of battle. It can be a very nasty ability and the centre of a lot of balanced and stall teams known as a regenerator core where you just have multiple regenerator Pokemon that cover each other’s weakness and you just switch back and forth. 

Regenerator is tricky because it’s quite a mindless tactic, if you play well and have the right Pokemon in your team you can predict the switches and punish. But if the other person plays it well and you don’t have a hyper offensive team, or your offensive Pokemon are already knocked out, then the opposition can start to become pretty unbreakable 

Slowbro was quite a often a common choice in my teams back in X/Y and ORAS because the Mega fighting types were so OP it was great to just switch Slowbro in, let him eat up the damage and then switch out again. You just had to do it because Pokemon like Mega Lopunny and Mega Medicham were (and to a degree still are) HIGHLY FUCKING DANGEROUS BLOW YOUR TEAM APART LIKE BLOAW HIGH JUMP KICK

But now Megas are gone, and now either regenerator is gone, or at least some of the most common Pokemon that use it are gone (Shame Toxpaex isn’t on the list because that is the premier regenerator abusing hell spawn Pokemon), already this multiplayer is looking to be very different. Better or worse I don’t know but already very different, if true of course. 

Watching that was like when I saw Detective Pikachu.. I only recognised a handful of them. Certainly no one post-GBA. It's funny, people have been crying out for Game Freak to make a mainline PokéMon entry onto a console for so long. In 2019, it is almost here and time will tell if it is a case of "be careful what you wish for" or a roaring success.

HOLY SHIT

Today it seems as if these Intimidate Pokemon will not be in the game

Landorus-T

Incineroar

Krookodile

Salamence

Staraptor

Tauros

Arbok

Granbull

Mightyena

Luxray

Stoutland

So for those that don’t know Landorus-T is the Pokemon. If you ever wondered what is the best Pokemon? The answer is Landrous-T. Introduced way back at this point in Pokemon B/W. And what makes it so good is it can do anything. It can’t do everything, no Pokemon can, but it can do anything.

Defensive? Check.

Specially defensive? Check. 

Sweeper? Check.

Lead? Check.

Scarf? Check.

Rocker? Check

Defogger? Check

Volt/turn core? Check. 

Z-move? Triple check. 
Need a decent Pokemon to check Landorus-T? Use your own Landorus-T with HP ice. 

It is the Swiss Army knife of Pokemon and it goes on any team because it can fulfil any role you need it too. To put in perspective here is last month’s Smogon stats of the most used Pokemon

EIoJyGZWwAMq-xv.jpg

Poof. Gone. 

This is wild and potentially amazing. Since Landorus was first introduced it, and I suppose Ferrothorn as seen above, are the only Pokemon to not fall off. Other Pokemon have risen and dropped and been champions and now relegated to lower tiers but Landrous-T just is and has always been. And now it’s not there anymore?! This is amazing because it gives so many more Pokemon a chance to actually do something. So many Pokemon were essentially irrelevant because of this Pokemon’s existence and now it’s out. That’s wild. 

Again, I don’t know what that will do to this multiplayer, but if it’s true and Landorus is gone - then the king is dead, but now long live who?