passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Pokémon Sword / Shield

HandsomeDead

The thing for me is the tech is so far behind on top of the structure being fairly unchanged. I could deal with a lo tech game with basic art if it had a lot going on elsewhere, like SMT has

There's also the thing where they don't have the national dex. I totally get why they don't, but it's another thing which makes it less interesting to me.

I'd love to see a BOTW style Pokémon with an open structure. Or something which gives the series a kick up the arse while keeping the same turn based meta intact for the purists

I mean we don’t know what the main quest is yet, do we? I think Sun and Moon proves you can have the same basic structure if you have interesting things that happen along the adventure. As much as SUMO was a let down for longevity it’s single player was surprisingly fresh. The core idea of ‘travel from town to town and get Pokemon’ was still there but the way they implemented boss battles, gyms and general story points was cool and much better than what they did in X/Y where it felt like all their efforts went into just making a 3D Pokemon game and designing new monsters but the quest itself was about as humdrum as it gets 

Obviously a BotW style Pokemon game that looked like the old Ken Sugimori designs would be my ultimate video game and there would be no need to play anymore. 

But in absence of BotW levels of boldness we should still be playing a (relative to Switch) state of the art Pokemon game this November 

I really enjoyed the SUMO quest up until the end. All the interactions with Haw, and Game Freak discovering cutscenes, the various degrees of bosses whether it was Totem Pokemon, Island Kahuna’s it sometimes just really tough fights.

Even if the Pokemon didn’t do much competitively they were still cool to use in single player.  

It’s something I really hope they continue with in SS. Making the SP really anime-like, having a real sense of kid’s adventure, making memorable moments along the way instead of rinse and repeat gym fights. 

I guess I’m talking to myself at this point but basically SUMO is really cool, I hope they do more of it in SS. 

• 2 weeks later...

In depth look and speculation at the new Pokemon and information that came out 

Key points

• Rolycoly (New Pokemon) has an ability where speed raises 3 stages if hit by a water or fire attack ?
  • Gigantamax (Not the same as Dynamax?) only usable with certain Pokemon. Also Pokemon that can use it get unique moves ?
  • Hydreigon is exclusive to Sword but Goodra is exclusive to Shield. But I love both of these Pokemon ?
  • There’s also exclusive gym leaders to each game. Sword gets a Fighting type one and Shield gets a Ghost type one 

There’s some more, detailed information in the video in regards to both single player and multiplayer but these were the headlines to me 

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, radiofloyd said:

When it was just Obstagoon (or something) fighting another monstrosity, damn those are two of the ugliest looking Pokemon I’ve seen. Just look like humans with paint jobs.

Inspired by Gene Simmons, apparently. That explains a lot....

https://www.cnet.com/news/theres-a-pokemon-inspired-by-gene-simmons-and-hes-taking-it-really-well/

• 2 weeks later...