Sign in to follow this  
RikSP

Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime Retires

Nintendo has just announced that Reggie Fils-Aime, the president of Nintendo of America, will be retiring. Reggie’s last day at the company will be taking place on April 15.

Doug Bowser will be taking over Reggie’s role, and will become the new president for Nintendo of America. Bowser is currently working as senior VP of sales and marketing.

https://nintendoeverything.com/reggie-fils-aime-retiring-doug-bowser-to-take-over-as-new-nintendo-of-america-president/

Wario is only in it for the coins. 

I'll miss the memes, but I dunno if he was actually a good president.  I suppose he probably wasn't bad as I'm sure we would have heard about it. 

1 hour ago, Blakey said:

Absolute legend 😭

Not to single you out particularly, but why was he? As far as I could see he embodied everything wrong with Nintendo. Certainly every e3 he came across as evasive and contemptible 

7 hours ago, DANGERMAN said:

Not to single you out particularly, but why was he? As far as I could see he embodied everything wrong with Nintendo. Certainly every e3 he came across as evasive and contemptible 

Not to single you out but look at the replies on twitter for reasons. 

I dont think blakey literally meant legend it’s a just phrase these days isn’t it. 

I was reading his wiki page to look into his background. He's been about hasn't he? I think he was involved in Raleigh bikes when I had one.

I would imagine he’s well liked because of the memes.

You usually have executives who are good behind the scenes or lower tiered workers who are good with people, or charismatic. He’s a fairly rare executive who is both.

The Beastcast is funny about this today

The memes were all I could put it down to too. I'm not suggesting he's a terrible person or anything, I just can't place what exactly he was responsible for at Nintendo. I get the love for Miyamoto and Iwata, there's stuff you can point to, with Reggie it just seems like that weird sports team support of a CEO, I couldn't tell you one thing good or bad that he was fully responsible for (I always assume that Japan is almost entirely in control of everything at Nintendo)

I guess you had to follow him and his antics and love his persona and really getting involved with all the silliness of the directs etc.