passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Anthem

DisturbedSwan

It pains me they've made what could be an enjoyable game impossible to play because it's so fucked. I had every expectation that they were going to balls it up a bit, but stuff like this is unacceptable.

At least they know about it an are working on it.

Fix your broken game, you set of wanks.

Finally up to an Epic Level Javelin.Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.02 - 01.45.52.77.png

I managed to up the score a little bit after this screenshot too. 

Reached max rank and unlocked Grandmaster 1 difficulty, played a few contracts/player missions with it and can't see a huge step up from Hard at the moment. Going to continue on for now as I've still got that itch to play it, I will say after 42 hours that the base package - in my view - is far superior to the base Destiny package in terms of story, world building etc. Where it falls down is the combat though but everything else makes up for it.

I do think if they plan it right it could have a bright future. On the higher difficulties the game is very fun, we'll see what happens.

My feelings for this are all over. Sometimes it's excellent and feels just like it should. Other times it's complete toss and I think  2 out of 5 is a generous score.

I just wish it would work. There's just so many things that are shagged or designed badly. I just can't fathom how someone at Bioware was like "Yeah, this'll do" when they were making it.

An interesting review there.

I honestly don’t see this having a great future. Of the people I know that bought it,and were enthusiastic about it initially,they’re sick of it now. A few to the point of trading it in already. It may be a totally different game months down the line. But are people going to go back to it,in significant numbers? Highly doubtful.

Seems like my luck is in at the moment...

Desktop Screenshot 2019.03.03 - 17.36.08.46.png

I'm definitely balls deep in the End Game grind at the moment though. I've been repeating Strongholds and Legendary Contract missions all day but barely advanced my level until the final one when a Masterwork component popped and that put me up +9 in addition to the +2 from the Legendary above. 

The reason why I'm making such slow progress now is all down the components. You can only have one of a type in a slot so if you've already got one of those and you get another it isn't going to do jack shit, so I've got 3 spots filled out of the 6 in the components page but the next 3 MW/Legendary components I get all have to be different than the ones I've already got for my power score to go up at all so it has got to the point where I don't really pay attention to any MW items I get assuming they're either going to be weapons or powers - which I've already got a ton of.

Another issue with the End Game loot grind is that there are currently no Legendary or Masterwork Support items in the game, so a Level 36 Epic support item is the highest you can get, which means your other items have to be a higher score than they otherwise would've needed to be for you to progress at all. Seems like a very annoying oversight to not have any MW support blueprints or items in the game. 

But yeah, I'm still having a lot of fun with it and have the itch to go back in whenever and do a few Strongholds/L. Contracts to roll the dice on the loot again. 

Despite the many frustrations I'm really enjoying this game and look forward to playing it. It has the potential for a long future if they get stuff sorted (Diablo had to, so too Destiny and the Division).

Me and @Whiskey_chaser did our first stronghold on hard which on our current levels felt a lot tougher, but doable. The downside was the RNG which was way worse than on normal difficulty. I'd be getting around 6 epic items drop on a normal run through and hard gave me one (and none from the spider kill - just white, green and blue).

Yeah - the rewards for hard were a joke, although I think we may have been too low level for the benefits (I did read that at over level 25 you get a higher drop chance of MW items). 

I'm still really enjoying my time with it. Hopefully over the next few weeks they can concentrate on ironing out some of the frustrations as the combat and movement still feels really engaging, and the builds - even at lower levels - seem more versatile than the other sci-fi looter shooter.

But yeah, as we said last night - they need to go balls out on the loot and abilities. I want a colossus that is essentially the Crusader from Diablo 3, or a Storm that summons elemental monsters to fight alongside us.

And that's it. Finished, or finished as much as you can with these games.

It's going to be interesting to see where they take it. The end sets up a "Coming Soon" thing. Not sure how quickly that's coming or how substantial it's going to be, but I'll probably play it.

It's not the strongest story Bioware have put out, is it? It's sufficient, I guess. Maybe the additions will make it, or break it, depending on where they go.

10 hours ago, Nag said:

Did the first Stronghold a couple of times tonight (normal difficulty)... It was alright. There is a lot of shit going on when four people are letting of specials and whatnot.

I started out in the Ranger class Javalin but have spent the last few play sessions as the Colossus class, I'm really liking him... games doing my head in now though because it's refusing to drop the Lurker Grenade Launcher which is the last weapon I need to finish off those weapon challenge achievements.?

Could you not craft one?