passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Anthem

DisturbedSwan

It’s apparently not very good at RRP but maybe it’s very good at sub fifteen you don’t know 

EDIT: Also maybe I want to play it because it’s not very good we don’t know that either 

• 2 months later...

I picked this up earlier for shits and giggles. I've been having an absolute blast and ended up playing it for most of the day. 

I like the cutscenes a lot. You remember back in school when the teacher would wheel in the TV and VHS and everyone would get excited. Then the video would be about history or some shit and the actor would stop the scene to enthusiastically talk to the screen about how we all used to shit in pots? It reminds me of that but not in a bad way at all, it's just really enthusiastic and friendly in the way those scenes are directed and it's quite refreshing after Andromeda and Inquisition. 

I had completely forgotten how good Bioware are at writing friendship since they focused so much on being able to bang anything that moved from ME2 onwards. I really like Owen, he seems like a chill dude and a person I wouldn't hate being around in real life. 

The gameplay is currently very fun. I love the design of the mechs and because it's all new to me, the gameplay is basically the novelty of rocket-powered elbow drops from the sky on unsuspecting scrubs. In general the gameplay feels very empowering, too empowering until I turned it up to hard where the action feels a bit less braindead. 

Really impressed so far, especially given the game's reputation. 

• 2 weeks later...

Awww shit @Maf it's happened, it's under a tenner new on Amazon. 

I finished the main story the other day and had a lot of fun with it. Helped me live my fantasies of piloting a giant mech suit around and murdering stuff that has kind of gone unfulfilled since childhood to be honest. Never really enjoyed the mech suit games that came out of Japan so this was nice. Doubt I'll bother with the end game stuff. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don’t see this coming to much. It’s been a cavalcade of mediocrity since it launched. And even if they do intend to redo it, it’s long since had it’s moment. It’d take a miracle to get anyone that bothered about returning to it.

Maybe they’ll pull off a miracle. Personally I’m not arsed with whatever they do. It never appealed to me from the very beginning. So there’s nothing they can do to capture my interest now.

Within the many dreadful broken parts of the game there was something at Anthem's core which was lovely and enjoyable. Flying around and unleashing elemental combos had great potential. I uninstalled this ages ago, but if they came back with a "fixed" version I'd definitely re-install and take a look. 

I'd had a long break from Destiny 2 after exhausting anything to do and enduring the dumbed down systems and mechanics for far too long. But now I'm back on; enjoying it since Forsaken and Shadow Fall. So there are always possibilities and perhaps we shouldn't write anything off until we see what they've done with it (or do nothing with it).