passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Crackdown 3

illdog

So the first hour or so I was a little disappointed. The starting area is dull. But after that I was having a blast. I think I’m 4 hours in (I lost track of time). By then I was blowing up one thing while eyeing up the next thing to explode and spotting a secret orb not to forget about when I have a moment. 

B1CF665A-0866-4AAF-8524-35AFF4CB8109.jpeg

For the most part I’ve been using a flame beam thing and it’s really been wrecking every fool I’ve come across.

I just did a boss fight at a quarry which was huge amounts of fun. It’s so refreshing to have such a big battle and not be restricted to an arena and I can see everyone completing these and many other situations entirely differently.

I’ve be put in a few hours tonight. I’m loving it so far :) 

Surprised by all the negativity, I’ve been finding it to be loads of fun. Collecting the orbs is as compelling as ever, levelling up my character is mega satisfying and grants lots of cool and enjoyable abilities, the weapons are ridiculously powerful and laugh out loud fun to use. The island seems to have a decent amount of variety to it as well. I’m loving blowing shit up, bit the most details looking game but it manages to shove loads of stuff into the screen while holding a rock solid frame rate. Even when everything is blowing up, with orbs and people flying everywhere. The way the orbs magnetise to you no matter how far away they are never loses its appeal and feel good factor either. 

It’s like areally good superhero game. And there’s not anything else really like it out. Just big, dumb fun and lets you be mega powerful which I always enjoy. And I love blowing big shit up like this. So yea, big thumbs up from me. :) If you like the original Crackdown definitely give it a go. And since it’s on gamepass which is essential if you have a Xbox there’s no reason not to. 

9E7F0A15-7182-476F-AD9F-B0C2169C4788.jpeg

3 minutes ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

For the most part I’ve been using a flame beam thing and it’s really been wrecking every fool I’ve come across.

I’ve been absolutely destroying people using a sticky poison Grenade

launcher thing and a rocket launcher that basically splits into 6 rockets in mid air and rains death upon fools. 

Metal Gear Survive is utter gash. Konami have absolutely no respect for the fans,and came out with a game that was a total insult to the brand. Oh,and charged £10 for an additional save file.

Fuck that game. It deserved to crash and burn. Even if it was free on Plus,I wouldn’t play that shit.

@Blakey you need to understand the difference between The Room and Pearl Harbour. I don’t mind you trying to sell us on the idea but if you could do it in the mgs thread plz ?

I forgot to mention that I really enjoyed and finished Crackdown 2 back in the day which again was just a very Crackdown experience but every podcast I’ve listened to praises 1 and shits on 2. What’s everyone else’s opinion?

Crackdown 2 wasn’t a bad game,it was just literally more of the same. It felt more like an expansion than a proper sequel,even to the point of using the exact same map. The fun of the original was still there,it just brought absolutely nothing new to the table. 

If I had an Xbox,I’d certainly give 3 a go. Though why they got Terry Crews in,yet barely used his voice at all is anyone’s guess.

This a definitely more fun and interesting than that snore fest Agents of Mayhem! MGSU - never played - but just looked completely devoid of any caharacter or redeeming features at all. Just looked completely boring. This is dated but at least great fun and different to others games out there.

So many other open world games out there take themselves so seriously and put lots of rules in place to stop you basically being able to enjoy yourself, this games just goes fuck it! And let’s you enjoy running about jumping over bulldogs blowing shit up! 

No way is it worth full price but neither was the first IMO. At budget and on gamepass though. Brilliant! 

As for Crackdown 2, I’ve always felt the same @wiivo 2.0. It was a fun game and don’t understand how people call it shit when praising the first. It’s basically the same game. It didn’t hold my attention simply due to it being so close to the first in release, using the same basic map and those zombie enemies were shit. Not a bad game though. 

Had 12 years since the first game this time though so I’m more than ready for more of the same but looking bigger and better. :) 

2 hours ago, AndyKurosaki said:

If I had an Xbox,I’d certainly give 3 a go. Though why they got Terry Crews in,yet barely used his voice at all is anyone’s guess.

He’s used a lot in the game. Unless you know something I don’t?

I just remembered an annoyance. When you lock on aim the controls are switched back to not inverted. Often I’ll aim then start shooting their legs.