passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Crackdown 3

illdog

3 minutes ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

He’s used a lot in the game. Unless you know something I don’t?

I just remembered an annoyance. When you lock on aim the controls are switched back to not inverted. Often I’ll aim then start shooting their legs. 

You can invert it. It’s the dead aim option if I remember correctly, in controls. Got one to invert vehicle turret controls too. 

He seems talkative enough, not to point of being annoying though. There’s also towers you takeover which have a big holograph and a speech coming out of them by him. 

But there’s not loads. It’s not Gears style of being the loudest most in your face apart from the cut scenes 

Everything above. He makes quips that are too quiet for me during gameplay and then the towers display a large hologram of him and he talks to the citizens. I think you’re talked at during the cut scenes. I skip them all so I couldn’t tell you. 

Whilst I still enjoyed this the shine wore off as I played. It's extremely repetitive, especially the chemical plants, there are far too many of those.

My biggest issue is with the camera angle, it feels far to close to your character which becomes especially irritating when you are trying to climb up a large buildig. Your person often gets in the way of what your trying to look at. A drone mode or something would be nice. 

I can never see what's shooting me either. Sometimes i feel like i can do a full 360 camera spin and still not see who's shooting me. Those flying crafts can fuck off, it's easy to get overwhelmed by them when there are a few and you can't fucking see them

The bosses were odd, they all end up being a big mech in a contained room with little place for you to hide and a ton of enemy soldiers. The second to last boss killed me about 6 times, i just was getting shot by everything all the time untill i changed my tactic from 'fire at the boss with everything' to ground soldier control then boss for a bit and repeat.

I've finished the campaign which i'm kinda glad about. I always enjoy mop up once the story is done, that is where I have the most fun. Not as good as the first game but better than 2 I think. Glad I did'n t pay full price.

Final note, surely this game got scrapped and re-started at leat once, I know this final version isn't what they've been working on for five years. And what a waste of Terry Crews, he really might as well not be in it.

On 21/02/2019 at 14:16, illdog said:

And what a waste of Terry Crews, he really might as well not be in it.

Yeah it is sorely lacking using him to any decent degree. That opening cut scene was great, now all I hear is the Agency guy and the rebel woman.

I’m enjoying it as a mindless orb collecting simulator though. Got to the point where I turn the sound down a little and just listen to podcasts.

I finished this earlier in the week and actually really liked it. It’s bland and stupid and easy and brain dead and that suits me kind of perfect. I know it’s had a bit of a tough time out there, and what you’re hearing is true, but for me this just kind of worked. I haven’t played such a simple game like this in such a long time I actually found it really refreshing. I certainly had my fill by the end but for the majority of the near 20 hours I played I had a great time.

My big complaints are the driving is terrible, the central section is horribly designed and just a confusing mess, and they don’t have a ‘ping’ for orb locations. There is an associated sound when you’re near but it gets easily drowned out, you have to be very close and it’s this that stops it being a podcast game. 

But, big blowy up-y, smashy, smashy v good fun. 

I’ve just finished this also. The first few hours are a lot better than the final few. It doesn’t really escalate but I appreciate the main villain being Theresa May. 7/10

I also had a game of multi. Idk why this takes advantage of some great cloud. It’s not doing anything really. The environment is small and there’s no progression. 

Got stuck on a boss as the game seemed to be pointing me in a direction that I wasn’t meant to go. Eventually gave up trying to go that way and found the proper way up.

I might be attempting him too soon for where I am but I will kill him regardless.

It’s very much a 6/10 game so far. It’s fine but definitely lacking in variety. If I was playing co-op then it would be much more fun, but like I said earlier, a good distraction as an orb collecting simulator.

I got two bosses left to go now, and maybe a couple of side missions. Tons of orbs that I will never find, most likely.

I think the reviews have been spot on. If you have GamePass then it would be silly to not give it a try, but I would not recommend someone buy it full price.

The missions are all the same - very repetitive and bland. The only interesting type is where you have to climb these puzzle towers. They're really not difficult, until near the end, but they are quite cool.

I'm no game developer, but if you told me this was knocked up quick in a year, I wouldn't be surprised. I can only imagine it's been scrapped and restarted several times since they first announced it.

So Microsoft sent me an email with a survey for Crackdown 3 that I was meant to not say anything about, but oh well, what are they gonna do?

A lot of the usual “on a scale of 1-5.....” type stuff but all of it was surprisingly specific to Crackdown. They even called out the Metacritic score and asked if I thought it was fair. 

The thing that that surprises me is that I would’ve thought that the franchise is now dead, but maybe they want to see if there’s an audience for more orb collecting.

after that MS guy went off about Anthem's scores, maybe some people at MS are getting a bit touchy about their scores.

I guess now they've managed to get a working version of Crackdown done, getting Sumo to use that as a base and put another game out in two years might help all the investment make sense, especially if Sumo had stuff they wanted to put in but had to cut. If they can do it in a year it's something to fill the gap before the new console

• 1 month later...
On 01/03/2019 at 23:43, Hendo said:

So Microsoft sent me an email with a survey for Crackdown 3 that I was meant to not say anything about, but oh well, what are they gonna do?

A lot of the usual “on a scale of 1-5.....” type stuff but all of it was surprisingly specific to Crackdown. They even called out the Metacritic score and asked if I thought it was fair. 

The thing that that surprises me is that I would’ve thought that the franchise is now dead, but maybe they want to see if there’s an audience for more orb collecting.

I think the trouble is, the game is stuck in a timezone (pre 2010)

Metacritic scores are

Crackdown 83

Crackdown 2 70

Crackdown 3 60

I've played all three, and yeah they're basically the same game. So the score imo, just represents the 'meh' factor

If you want a simple, pick up and play title this really isn't that bad and all three games are on par with each other.

Summary: If you're a fan you'll like it, if you're not, you probably won't

I don't tend to rely on review scores tbh, if the reviewer is a fan the game gets a higher score. There isn't a game reviewer out there who loves all genres equally.

• 3 weeks later...

Story is finished.

Like I mentioned in the Clever or Cheat thread - found easy/sneaky ways of defeating the last two bosses.

With Niemand, theres a ramp at the side of the building which you can run down and avoid enemy attacks and the chimera until she comes across then use the Decimator.

For some reason as well my ammo kept refilling when I went down there so double bonus.

So just the other achievements to mop up then into Shadow of the Tomb Raider ?