passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening

mmmark

I too had BotW at launch, without any visible lagging issues whatsoever. I mean, I still remember playing Valkyria Chronicles at launch with screen tearing in most cutscenes (including the intro) but Zelda ran smooth as butter.

Yeah it's just such an unlikely edge case, the thing in that video.

I don't think BOTW is silky smooth but general performance was extremely good for me. I explored all the map, I just didn't kill the desert divine beast and ganon.

I think this is also a good argument for not just jumping straight into the zeitgeist and playing the latest games asap. Cause it sounds like I got a better BOTW than some other people here ?

Just now, Blakey said:

Looks like severe slowdown/single digit frames to me.

Yeah but the reason it's happening is probably a bug. It isn't running at all, it's straight up just stopped.

4 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

I think this is also a good argument for not just jumping straight into the zeitgeist and playing the latest games asap. Cause it sounds like I got a better BOTW than some other people here ?

Oh for the days when games didn't need a Day One patch. That were actually finished before release...

Yeah I get you.

I don’t mean to come off as overly negative towards BotW - it’s my fave Zelda since OoT - but yeah, that game had some issues that stopped it from achieving GOAT heights for me but it was in contention for GOTY that year.

Back on topic. I think Link’s Awakening will be great, I’ve never played the original and have next to no knowledge of it so it should be cool, don’t think I’ve played a top-down SP Zelda since Phantom Hourglass or some shit, I picked up ALBW ages ago on 3DS but never got round to playing it.

13 minutes ago, DifferentClass said:

Dude, don't act like games pre connected to the internet weren't rife with bugs and rush jobs.

Not that many when it came to Triple A titles, at least.

Just now, OCH said:

Not that many when it came to Triple A titles, at least.

D9iT0b-W4AE_dUG.jpg

Because AAA games back in the day are considered, produced, released or run anything like AAA games from whenever some glitch-free golden era of games exists in your mind only