passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening

mmmark

That is true, and BotW is also a really beautiful game as well but I don’t know. This is such smaller scale and the biggest hook is how it looks I think it is probably more important to this game that it doesn’t have such distractions

13 hours ago, Maryokutai said:

You must be new to Nintendo CEs.

Prepare for a world of disappointments.

Have there actually been that many first party collector's editions? I'm trying to think of what I've got in the past and mostly it's just been the game with some bonus stuff thrown in from the Nintendo store, like Splatoon 2 with a t-shirt. BOTW had a collector's edition but afaik even Mario Odyssey didn't. Most of what I can find in a search is just game + amiibo or controller.

Most recently as an actual Nintendo special edition I think for me would have been Star Fox Zero, because that came with Star Fox Guard, and that was pretty easy to come by. With Zelda specifically it'd be... Skyward Sword? I think the wii motion+ bundle of that is more common than the game alone :P

But yes basically... I need to make sure I get this as Link's Awakening is my favourite game!

1 hour ago, OrangeRKN said:

Have there actually been that many first party collector's editions?

Quite a bit. From the top of my head: every Fire Emblem game since Awakening, Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD, every Xenoblade, Fatal Frame 5, Metroid Samus Returns, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 1 & 2 (different CEs on WiiU and Switch), The Last Story and Pandora's Tower on Wii and so on. Not all of them were super hard to get but believe me when I say that I was glued to my screen watching amazon until I finally managed to pre-order the Samus Returns CE.

Oh yeah I have The Last Story one. That soundtrack :wub:

Didn't realise Mario Kart 8 had a special edition. It's just a statue of a blue shell...

Any advice on where to keep an eye out for the Link's Awakening one then?

I'm usually just keeping an eye on multiple Amazon sites. It's the only shop who doesn't charge too much for delivery to Luxembourg.

I've had the most success on Amazon Germany so far but that's probably just coincidence.

On 12/06/2019 at 16:24, Maf said:

Apparently the game has performance issues, and given its out in September that’s kind of concerning 

Not really, the E3 build was likely several behind what the devs are currently working on.

I'd see it all the time in QA, 3-4 months is plenty of time.

3 hours ago, DifferentClass said:

(even BotW wasn't that bad all things considering)

Strongly disagree. BotW had an absolutely horrendous frame rate, there were many many times for me it slowed down massively and dipped into single-digit frames, it ran like hot trash that game.