passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening

mmmark

This is a) the best and b) my favourite Zelda game, but I don't think I like this art style. It was cool seeing all the scenes recreated with new graphics though. I'd be interested to see if they expand it. Although it has quite a bit of stuff to do, it isn't the longest game in the world.

My favourite game of all time! I'm incredibly excited, they appear to have nailed the art style by capturing the same whimsical, pocket-fitting, cartoon and almost toy-like feeling of the original. You can already spot some QOL changes like being able to jump at the same time as having the sword and shield equipped and having a scrolling screen overworld. The actual areas in the trailer look very accurate although they aren't exactly 1 to 1 with some slight differences I can spot in tree and bush placement.

• 2 weeks later...

My jaw hit the floor so hard it almost fell off when they announced this. Despite only finishing the game once, I played it load and loads when I was a kid on the GBC. So the first half of this game I know really well. 

Even though this came first it is kind of like the Majora’s Mask of 2D Zelda’s (Not counting Zelda 2 which is like the Zelda Phillips CDI of the main 2D Zelda’s) It is both what you know but also super strange and out there and not what you know at all. Like taking the Chain Chomp for a walk and and the 4th wall breaking and being able to jump when you want. It’s super weird and cool. 

It’s also quite a difficult Zelda especially by the end, but also a short game. So completion time may vary wildly depending on skill level and how familiar you are with the game. I don’t remember exactly how to do it either but I think the mountain area will be the big choke point for most people. It’s not easy, as far as I remember.

I love the the graphics but I don’t like the face of the Link character model. If they just gave him actual eyes it would be perfect. 

Very exicted, but hopefully they find a way to add more to this game instead of just slapping a new art style on the Game Boy game. Otherwise £40 will be a big ask

If the whole game had been in the art style of the animated cutscene, that would have been excellent. 'Chibi' doesn't work for me, in fact I despise it in everything. Link's Awakenings graphical style was design to replicate its predecessor - LTTP (The best 2D Zelda, bar none) - on the Handheld system. LTTP's artstyle was a 2D sprite equivalent of the Design and Concept art of the game:

zelda_gba_conceptart_G3Xz1.jpg

zelda_gba_conceptart_OFRah.jpg

2435125-286598__the-legend-of-zelda-a-li

So if they were trying to capture the art style of the original game, as it was intended to be, This is the look they should have gone for. The gameplay footage looks like a Mii game...

2 hours ago, DifferentClass said:

The art style is adorable, I'll hear no nonsense about it. 

And it's being made by a lot of the original and LttP team so to say they're doing it wrong is hilarious. 

I didn't say "wrong". I was referring to previous comments, on this being the intended art direction of the original game, which wasn't the case.

This art style is adorable by the way, not the New LA gameplay footage:

18qjprkf1ntpxjpg.jpg

I saw a guy on YouTube, Link's Awakening being literally his "favourite game of all time". He was watching the reveal and went absolutely insane when the trailer started, only for his face dropped like a rock when he saw the gameplay. "Oh, that is what it looks like?"?

If you judge a Zelda game based on what it looks like you're a fucking idiot. 

It's the same old shit since Wind Waker, it's such a dumb argument. 

Wind Waker announcement: "OmG ThIs GaMe LoOks ShIt"

Actually playing Wind Waker: "This is the best Zelda game ever." 

Link's Awakening looks great, if you don't agree you're wrong. This is fact. Don't @ me.