passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Objectively bad music

Hendo

This is not one of those "that music/band you like is terrible and I'm going to tell you how wrong you are" topics. This is stuff everyone can agree on is actually terrible. You might appreciate it as so bad it's good, but it's still shit.

I present my opening cases:

My go-to YouTube clip when anyone mentions a bad cover. 

Someone really fucking up their chance to shine on a freestyle.

I've covered this song before now. I'd like to think nowhere near as bad.

So this might be a bit sacrilegious because it's a very big hit, one you've all heard thousands of times throughout your life. I remember having to learn this song for a gig once and just thinking "Great, I love that song!" until I actually started breaking it down. It's just awful. The drums especially are terrible. It plods on forever and if it wasn't for that iconic bit it would have been buried in the mists of time. Can you guess what song it is before you click the spoiler?

Spoiler

And now for something that is not only bad, but NFSW too. Hence the spoiler.

Spoiler

What the fuck?

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/02/2019 at 05:13, radiofloyd said:

Wait, am I missing something? The guy that made Man’s Not Hot is a comedian right? The song is a skit as far as I’m aware. 

^ This is correct. 

Also I came across this while editing this weeks news and now I want to kill myself. 

I think this is in the spirit of this thread (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though).

Does anyone have an album or artist that they listened to in their teens and where convinced they'd like it forever, but now it makes the skin want to crawl off your body? 

For me it was Limp Bizkit, Significant Other. When I was 16 I was convinced I'd love that album forever, I tried to listen to it again last year and turned it off about 30 seconds in. See also Blink 182.

I still love Limp Bizkit. 

I find a lot of KoRn cringey as all hell these days, and I can't listen to Lostprophets anymore, but that's mostly because he's a pure nonce and hearing his voice makes me feel sick. 

Weirdly, I've found a lot of stuff that I turned my nose up at as a kid I fucking love as an adult. Like Britney Spears - Toxic, I poopooed it when I was a kid but now I think it's one of the best pop songs of my (our?) generation.