passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Play/Want/Bin Feb 19

Jimboxy

I'll get involved this month. Haven't done it for a while.

Play

Assassin's Creed: Odyssey - I intentionally didn't play this until I moved out just because I wanted to be able to lose myself int he vast, vibrant world Ubisoft created. Worth the effort, because I'm genuinely enjoying it and I'm only about 20 hours in. Stunning, stunning game with some outstanding set-pieces and absolutely beautiful vistas.

Serial Cleaner - this is going to be one I go back to in bits and pieces until I feel like I'm half-way skilled at it. Awesome graphic style, great idea and the story - even though it's completely unnecessary - is really grabbing my attention right now.

Want

Kingdom Hearts 3 - I want this so bad. From beating up baddies with Buzz and Woody to saving San Fransokyo, I just want to immerse myself in the worlds created. Gonna have to wait until I get it for my birthday though.

EDF 5 - I had so much fun with 4.1 and just want to get hold of the new one, but refuse to pay full price for it just yet.

Sony Gold or Platinum Headset - I loved the Golds, but the dongle got broken somehow, and you can't just buy a replacement, you have to buy a whole new headset. Thanks, Sony.

Bin

The extreme lack of spare time I have right now - I thought I'd be getting plenty of time to myself where I could just sit and do, well, nothing. I've had one night after work where I haven't seen anyone at all up to now. Two weeks, and just one day to myself. Having a social life isn't all that, it seems.

PLAY

Apex Legends

Surprise one - there's a new Respawn game and it's out now. Surprise two - it's a battle royale game. Surprise three - I actually enjoyed playing it.

Oblivion

'Play' is probably the wrong word here, but i've enjoyed modding the hell out of this. Only a few more things to install then i'll start to actually play it.

WANT

Anthem

This game seems to be massively dividing opinion, but I spent a good chunk of time with both 'demoes' (when it worked) and I had an absolute blast. It's been a long time since a game has completely consumed me to the extent i'm checking developer twitter feeds daily for new info, and the 22nd can't come fast enough.

BIN

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

I enjoyed it, but I didn't get a chance to play it for a while and now the urge has gone. Maybe one day i'll pick it up again and continue.

Play

Red Dead Redemption 2 - Only just started, not far into it yet but I’m enjoying it more than expected. The movement and controls are really annoying at times but not enough to out me off yet. The characters and storytelling are fantastic and really pulling me along. The poker minigame has really got its hooks in me too, playing way too much of that. 

Apex Legend - Best Battle Royale Game I’ve played. But still not really for me. 

Crackdown 3 - Don’t get all the negativity aimed at this. I’m having a absolute blast on it. It’s good, simple old school fun! Makes you feel mega powerful too which I always enjoy in games. 

Want

Trials Rising - Not long now! Can’t wait. Might even be the first retail game I buy digitally at launch since I never sell these on and there’s little to no price difference

Metro Exodus - I’ve only played the first one so far but absolutely loved it! This looks brilliant too. 

Dirt Rally 2 - The first is one of my favourite driving games, hopefully this is even better :) Can’t believe how close it is to release, really snuck up on me, hope it doesn’t affect sales too badly there seems to be no marketing at all. 

Bin 

Persona 5 - Only because I’ve finished it now. Just under 85 hours over many months. Loved it. 

Battle Royale Genre - I keep trying them, I keep bouncing off. The new Apex Legends game has just confirmed the fact I need to accept this genre just isn’t for me unfortunately. My complaints about the others - the feel, movement, shooting etc. Are brilliant in this but the core gameplay loop just does nothing for me. I find it mostly tedious, repetitive and boring. Especially the looting part.

Play

Apex Legends - Shits all over Black Ops 4 and it’s free! Fucking phenomenal. A majestic interpretation of the BR genre.

Kingdom Hearts 3 - Feels like a privilege to be playing a game as lavish and ornate as this. Everything about it is dripping with money, do you ever just go “fucking video games man” to yourself when playing a game because you’ve been so blown away by what they can conjure up nowadays? This is what happens to me with this every damn day.

New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe - Been playing this whilst waiting for Anthem to load ?. It is way better than I thought, platforming is already incredibly tight with a decent amount of challenge to it.

Tetris 99 - I am awful at Tetris but it is addictive, particularly in Battle Royale form.

The Division 2 Private Beta - Pretty much exactly the same as the first but with nicer graphics and that gorgeous 60fps on PC. 

Life is Strange 2: Episode 2 - Another fantastic episode by Dontnod. Pulls no punches at times and left me utterly heartbroken by the end.

Anthem - This has impressed me quite a bit more than I thought it would. The base is where things go peak BioWare. Lots and lots of bugs though, more than Andromeda.

Want

Shenmue 3 - GOTY senses are already tingling.

Devil May Cry 5 - Capcom are back on top. This cannot come soon enough.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - I want Miyazaki’s latest masterpiece so bad.

Luigi’s Mansion 3 - Fuck Mario.

Death Stranding, The Last of Us Part II, Ghost of Tsushima - GOAT contenders.

Days Gone - Looks fucking rad.

A Plague Tale: Innocence - This was announced at E3 and I kind of forgot about it until recently. Looks incredibly promising.

Bin

Pokémon Let’s Go, Pikachu! + Pokéball Plus - Been trying to sell these for awhile now

Dragon Quest XI: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Completed last month and will most likely flog it shortly

Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum ‘n’ Fun Bundle - Been trying to flog this for awhile.

Play

The Witcher 3 - 70 hours in now and loving it. The final playtime including expansions will probably end up being something astronomical.

Kingdom Hearts 3 - Will start this after TW3, but I might play something smaller in between. My heart is saying Life is Strange.

Want

Anthem - The demo was fun, I’ve never played an online shooter of any description so there’s no genre fatigue for me. I just want to be roasted by Sly every time I play.

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - For obvious reasons 

Total War: Three Kingdoms - I want to get back into the Total War series.

Bin

No games to bin yet this year.

Play

Warframe - The Fortuna update just landed on Switch so I'm still playing a lot of this this month.

Lumines Remastered - I've been trying to unlock all the songs on this but no luck yet.  But I did just a brake 100,000 score so I'm closing in on Spatular.

Apex Legends - Not played it a lot as of writing but it's an impressive addition to the free-to-play scene so it would be rude not to play some more of it.

Want

Xenon Racer - I want some of the things everyone else has said but I'll put this here as something different.  It's a racing game that looks like it's taking a lot of cues from Ridge Racer so I'm really looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Bin

My TV.  The sound has gone and I have to use the headphone jack for everything.

I don't really fully get the thread but lets see

Play.

Resident Evil 2, still got to wrap up the Hardcode Claire playthrough

DMC5 demo. I reckon I already have 10 hours in this and 400000 red orbs. That's a fortune in MTX bucks ?. Feels great but the physics are really different. I really recommend people try before buying tho to see what they think cause it's not a bit like Bayo. DMC is more like a 2D fighting game like SF these days.

Want.

DMC5. omg. And Sekiro, but I will be skipping it on release cause I be in Boston on that date and anyway I need to get away from gaming at that point and concentrate on getting stronger IRL. DMC will still be demanding my attention by then anyway.

Bin.

I actually buy exclusively digital so I can't bin anything really... But if I could it would be Monster  Hunter and Dragon Quest XI. I'm keeping my avatar as is tho cause I like these grumpy goblin things.

Been a long time since I've seen one of these threads, let alone participated...

Play

- The following, when I have the time, post-Stag:

Smash Ultimate, Battlechasers: Nightwar, Hollow Knight, Dark Souls Remastered. Knock out some of the extra moons in Mario Odyssey too, I guess. Still haven't unlocked the alternate ending.

Want

Valkyria Chronicles 4

Mortal Kombat 11 

Bin

Nowt. That said, I'm probably never going back to Shovel Knight. So technically that, although I won't delete it.

I always like reading this thread. Interesting reading up on what people are into each month and sometimes found some games in the want sections I’d completely forgotten about at times. Plus get reminders on other great games I may have missed.  

The podcast part is a very, very nice bonus. 

Play - Spider-Man (PS4): Finally getting a chance to put some time into this game. Really impressed and aim to finish it by end of next week. About 60% done but trebled to do the DLC straight after. 

Final Fantasy X (PS Vita): Been playing this whilst travelling around Asia with the family (back home now). Tried to get on with more of the main quest but got hooked on Blitzball for a while. Most people I know hated that mini game but I kinda like it. Nice distraction and early to play for simple rewards and limit breaks for Wakka. 

Want - The Division 2: After playing the beta I'm guessing the feels all over again. Going to be sinking my teeth into that when I pick that up.

Anthem: I actually want this to be just good because after that demo, I've been put off this a little now. Considering it's so close to launch date,  the issues with that demo have highlighted more concerns than I had before. 

Bin - Destiny 2: Think I'm done with this for now.  The end game was poor at one point and now there is just too much to do and I just don't have the time in my work / life balance to go through that grind. 

Play

KH3 - Just wrapped up main story, pretty good, didn't care for the Frozen world,  and some notable omissions like Colosseum Tournaments.

But looks beautiful, and plays really well, unlike other recent Square Enix RPG's

My Name is Mayo - Surprisingly deep story complex and challenging game play, and on of the Hardest Platinums I ever achieved, Sarcasm over, I feel Dirty for playing this,

Want

Resident Evil 2 

DMC 5

Bin

Not enough money to buy the first title on this list at the moment.

Play

Assassins Creed Odyssey. I haven’t committed to an AC game in a very long time. But I’m 25 hours into this,and having a brilliant time with it. 

Sky Force Reloaded. Chasing those medals to unlock more levels is just so addictive. 

Resident Evil 6. Co-oping it with a friend. Still the worst game in the franchise by miles,but co-op makes it alright. Ish.

Want

Devil May Cry 5. Probably not going to get this day one,but it’s definitely on my radar.

Bin

My dissertation. At the editing stage now,it’s due on February 27,so the end is in sight. Hoping to get it finished this week,so I can have some much earned chill out time the rest of the month. Because soon as we hit March,my Final Placement starts,and I’ll be extremely busy.

Play

Resident Evil 2 Remake (PS4) - Enjoyed this a lot. Finished Leon’s campaign and now started Claire’s. Going to leave Mr X’s hat on this time. It suits him.

Bayonetta 2 (Switch) - Missed this on WiiU, so nice to finally be playing it. Can I openly state that I absolutely adore the Bayonetta games in all their manic silliness. I’ve currently got flamethrowers strapped to my legs. FLAMETHROWERS!..........ON MY LEGS!!

Street Fighter 3: Third Strike (Arcade) - So, the National Videogame Museum has just opened in Sheffield. Imagine my delight when I found out it has a SF3:3S cabinet. Bliss.

Want

Return of the Obra Dinn (PC) - My laptop probably wont run this as it struggles to run anything these days. Need a new laptop.

A New Laptop (PC) - So I can play Return of the Obra Dinn.

Bin

God of War (PS4) - Excellent game. Finished the story, but left a few side quests unfinished. Due to me having to make space on my hard drive, most of those valkyries get to keep their wings.

The Death Stranding hype (Hideo Kojima’s brain) - I feel like I should explain this more, but if Hideo Kojima can’t be bothered, why should I?

Play

Spiderman. Very enjoyable game, and a bit of light relief after the excellent Resident Evil 2. My PS4 is finally getting some use after years of neglect

Want

There's plenty I want in the far off distance for the Switch, but for the next few months I'll probably carry on with my PS4 retrospective. I have Hellblade on the hard drive, and am interested in that Uncharted girly spin-off game. I have played the other 5 games in the series after all. NIer Automata looks good too.

Bin

Tales of Vesperia. I managed 20 hours, and enjoyed them too. But I'm not getting a sense of magic or spectacle from the game that usually marks this genre. It's a bit flat, for me.

PLAY

Kingdom Hearts 3 - It's shit and good all at the same time. I've beaten the main game but i'm doing some post game mop up.

Crackdown 3 - It's more Crackdown but with Terry Crews saying "Things that make you go boom" when you blow something up.

WANT

Super Mario Maker 2

A bit more time to go back and maybe play some of the older Kingdom Hearts games. I think i'm ill.

BIN

My fucking back playing me up and people not paying me on time. Games wise not a lot, it's all good.