passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Apex Legends

mfnick

played quite a lot of this yesterday. I mostly played on my own because Sekiro is out, and it was mixed. I wasn't not enjoying it but there were a few points when I started to question why I wasn't playing something else. There were 3 or 4 occasions where I wasn't on a full team, including two times where I was on my own after 5 seconds as people just quit when someone else did, or fucked off on their own to the drop ship, died, then quit. When I was on my own I managed to place 2nd, 2nd with about 50 damage, I just hid

Then I played some with Spatular later on, we had a couple of mixed games, then a couple of good games. Then we got on a team with this guy who stuck with us for about 5 minutes, then just tore off towards the centre of the circle. I'll admit, I was slagging him off constantly, it was mostly Spatular though, but we chased him down, caught him up, and immediately got in to a firefight, which we won. In the process of healing up near the market we were attacked again, and again we got through it. 

It was about this point, when he was handing out Phoenix kits, it because apparent that our teammate wasn't some idiot charging in not knowing what he was doing, he was actually amazing at the game. So we followed him again, the circle was over a corridor between some cliffs, only 2 ways in, so we hid in cover there waiting for one of the other 3 teams. We waited a while but it worked, a team of 3 tootled towards us and we tore them apart. As we're healing up our mate fucks off again, just up the hill, we get there 5 seconds later and there's already 2 boxes by his feet. There's only 1 other team left, and by the time I've jumped up on to a ledge and heard Spatular shout "there's a guy!", it's over, we're the champions and I've no idea what happened

It can be a terrible, un enjoyable experience at times solo but there is still the odd nice moment but I find as soon as you play with somebody you know it's way way better. 

Had an okay night solo last night, mainly solo is jist training for me, try to improve my kill stats, never expecting to win in solo, think Ive had four solo wins as opposed to maybe 40 in teams. Anyway got a win last night and even managed to be kill leader. 

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed now, apparently.

As explained in an official thread on the Apex Legends' subreddit, today's 1.1 update inadvertently moved players to servers "that didn't have their persistence", causing affected accounts to appear as if they'd been reset with all progression lost.

To rectify the issue, Respawn shut down live servers so that players could be relocated to the right place, resulting in progress displaying correctly once more.

"Once we confirmed internally that we had fixed the issue we started rolling out the right servers starting with Xbox and staggered the updates to PS4 and PC," the developer explained.

Respawn says that all progress made prior to the installation of update 1.1 should now be restored when player log back into the game - although progress and purchases made while 1.1 was active will be reverted and won't be reflected on player accounts.

Those that purchased currency during the problem period needn't panic, however - the full currency amount will be applied back to accounts, even if it was used to make (now lost) purchases.

Players that didn't install patch 1.1 will not be affected by the rollback.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a go on this before, I haven't played in weeks and weeks as I don't really like playing solo. Anyway, as these things go, take a break from something for ages and you do better than ever when you come back

Team of 3, one guy was level 3, one level 10, so not packed with experience. We drop in a bit of an odd place, then pretty quickly one of the team looked to me like he was having net problems and dropped out, so there's just 2 of us and the ring hadn't even started closing. We worked pretty well together though, we weren't attacking as soon as we spotted an enemy, waiting instead to get closer and see who was around. We got a couple of kills each, I ressed them, they ressed me. I killed someone who was about to kill them, we were a good little combo. there seemed to be 7 teams left for ages, but at that point we didn't see anyone for a while

Eventually we ended up at the penultimate circle before anyone else, stayed in cover while others were fighting it out. Then we killed the last team, who I think might also have not been particularly experienced as they missed some pretty easy shots. Then the unthinkable happened, something I hadn't done before, I got the last kill!

Always nice when that happens ?

Despite my shit shooting (I blame her stupid tiny hitbox ?) I did similar in my last game (which was a while back now). Ignore the start. Unless you want to see that beautiful grenade shot fly through the door as it closes ?

• 1 month later...

I played several games of this today and ouch. I quite liked it because I like Respawn shooters. But, man. I. Am. Bad. Some dude dropped directly in front of me with his back turned and I had a shot gun and I still lost that encounter. 

I’m legit old man as well. I played around half a dozen games and my right eye won’t stop watering. Think I was trying to focus too much or something.

I did get two kills. But both of which was me sniping at two dudes from high ground while my team mates were down there forcing them out in to the open. It counts, I suppose, but doesn’t feel good. 

In my defense this is the first FPS game I’ve played all year outside of Metro (Which is quite light on the shooting) so I’m well out of practice, but wow. ‘Legend’ might be overstating it a bit when it comes to me ☹️

3 hours ago, Maf said:

Legend’ might be overstating it a bit when it comes to me

Apex Noobs? Apex Failures? Apex Pokémon players who took the wrong turn?

I'm considering giving this a try at some point as well because I really, really like the new character they showed off a few days ago (the engineer with the cute hand motions whenever she puts up a fence). Not sure where I'd get the time to really play it though.

I really like the cat and mouse part of it, it’s when I have to fight where it all falls apart

@Maryokutai we should squad up, I’m playing it, on Xbox. Don’t have to do voice chat we can just ping shit.

I can not overstate how terrible I am at it, though

• 9 months later...

played a few games with Hendo today. We haven't played in months. First game we did ok, not amazing, second game we did terribly and came 19th. 3rd game we only fucking smashed it, loads of kills between us all, loads of damage caused, and we're only fucking champions ?

• 10 months later...