passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Apex Legends

mfnick

Got my first win a day or so ago. I was pretty shite - still am - and contributed nothing but the 2 other guys with me were incredible and pretty much won the game on their own, taking me along for the ride.

This is definitely my quickest start-to-win of all BR so far. I've still never got a win on PUBG - playing primarily solo probably didn't help on that front though.

Apex Legends Screenshot 2019.02.10 - 16.41.06.87.png

On 11/02/2019 at 09:38, RYAN WHITELAW said:

Im playing on XB1X 

Would be good to team up with some of you guys as i spent that entire time playing with pain in the arse randoms. GTAG is: RYAN WHITELAW.

I’d be up for that mate. I’m not on it all time like some others and not great but I’m definitely up for playing with some of you lot. 

Just send me a invite if you see me online and I’ll join when I can. Goes for anyone on this site. Definitely more fun with people you know rather than randoms. I’m mainly on Xbox although there’s nothing to stop me downloading it on PS4 too.

GTAG - MF Nick 

Apex Legends_20190212224826.png

Spoiler

unfortunately that isn't me holding the gun :blush:

got very lucky with the team I was on. I think the other 2 people on my team were talking to each other, they seemed to be working together in a way you don't if you can't fully communicate. They both seemed to get really good armour and really good gear pretty quickly too. The amount of kills they got (the main guy got 19 kills) meant they were just cherry picking everyone's gear, they were throwing loads of grenades and thermals, had loads of shield recovery and health recover.

Basically they were much, much better at this than I am

me and Hendo played 2 games today and got 2nd both times. We played really well in parts too, although I think my suggestion of taking a very high vantage point might have backfired, but the people who beat us were the champions at the start of the game. If memory serves one of them had nearly 800 kills, and there was just me and Hendo, our random fucked off out of the drop ship and died within 2 minutes

I got dropped in solo for a game last night and managed to get second with one kill. Pathfinder is so mobile that even though i had to drop on the very edge of the map to loot properly and then spent the rest of the game racing for the zone but was still able to get lots of sneak attack damage on teams and even nicked a kill on my way from balloon to balloon, then just hid in the last few circles until eventually having to make a move but it was me against a team of three and I was never really going to do much.

The standard of player is much higher after only a week, Im finding it a bit harder to get the wins in now.

Apex beats Fortnite record for single day viewing on Twitch

In addition to rapidly gathering a large audience, Apex Legends is now making waves on Twitch.

The free-to-play battle royale title achieved the fourth highest single-day views in five years, thanks to the Twitch Rivals event arranged by developer Respawn and the streaming platform earlier this week.

On February 12th, Apex Legends fans watched 8.4 million hours of matches, according to Twitch tracker Gamoloco. The firm's study dates back to October 2014.

Most notably, that's more than a million higher that Fortnite's most successful single-day viewing, which was 7.2 million hours for the game's Season 5 launch last July.

I'll be intrigued to see how they monetise it. I read a good article yesterday (can't find it now though) about the future of EA, basically saying despite it's success, there's no real incentive at the moment to buy anything, with the skins and extras not being as appealing as Fortnite's skins.

I'm guessing they'll follow some sort of season pass format a la Fornite?

I get the impression that people are just enjoying playing it so much that they are falling over themselves to put money into the game out of pure good will. Once they start putting out all sort of new skins like Overwatch did I can see them making serious money, dont see this as a problem at the moment at all for them. 

If this gets new maps and new characters and good content then I can see this absolutely killing.

Found this from Eurogamer @Whiskey_chaser

Apex Legends roadmap, seasons and Apex Legends battle pass explained

How Apex Legend's future will pan out - and what we know about its take on a battle pass.

The Apex Legends Roadmap gives us an idea of what to expect from the future of Respawn's battle royale game.

As a genre that thrives on regular updates to keep the game fresh and audience interest high, Apex Legends has already outlined how it's offering post-release content - from seasons to an Apex Legends Battle Pass.

Details are thin on the ground, but we do know we can expect new Apex Legends character classes, new weapons and loot throughout 2019.

There's also the confirmation of Apex Legends cross-platform play - though that seems to be a separate initiative 

Developer Respawn has revealed what to expect from the Apex Legends Roadmap for the coming year (thanks Purpletoaster20 on reddit):

If the above image is a little difficult to read, then the pertinent details are:

There are four seasons in 2019, the first arriving in March

Each season will be three months in length

Each season offers a Battle Pass, new Legends (Apex Legends character classes), new weapons and new loot

As for Apex Legends season and Battle Pass timings, we know that:

Apex Legends Season 1 begins in March

Apex Legends Season 2 begins in June

Apex Legends Season 3 begins in September

Apex Legends Season 4 begins in December

94C067F3-E47C-4A3E-BFBF-C12F6637A114.jpeg