passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Apex Legends

mfnick

Not sure what to make of this yet. It’s definitely more interesting than Fortnite,it looks fantastic,and the gunplay is satisfying.

I just don’t like how you start with literally nothing,not even a pistol. Several matches I’ve played,I’ve had SMG fire thrown down at me before I’ve even found a pistol. It just makes no sense to me,rocking up to a fight with literally nothing to attack with. Had a couple of games like that,where a squad bears down on me,and due to having no guns,there wasn’t a damn thing I could do. 

Yeah, it can be fun.  I'm bloody awful at it, more so than I'm used to so that was an eye opener. 

I'll give it a few more sessions before I decide whether I'll stick to it or not.  There was one match I had a lot of fun when we invaded a shack with a squad holed up in it.  I was the scout dude who can see through walls and I flanked round while the others went in other ways. 

We were killed, and I can’t shoot for shit without gyro assist these days due to playing shooters loads on Switch. 

It may just be a case of getting used to it but I still have no idea how much damage I'm doing in relation to thier health so I was often dying when I'd get a few hits and run out to chase them down for a kill but I'd just get killed quickly in the process, while I felt like they were hitting me a lot less. 

That's what I'm struggling with mostly.  And remembering to use my abilities. 

Me and Ben played a good hour or two. Was fun! Only once did we get a random that broke off as we dropped, then died and pinged his corpse, and like a fool I went back to his banner and we both died.

But also had some good rounds where we resurrected each other a bit and killed some fools.

Definitely some people have skills and some don’t. 

yeah it was good. Hard to know if it's a difference in standard or just because it was my 2nd time playing, but I got a decent number of kills, the game robbed me of others (not that I care because I don't care), so it seems a bit less brutal than on pc

That being said, things like healing and switching to grenades I'm not doing as much because it's less intuitive than on pc. We had someone with us at one point who kept checking his guns by firing them, not surprisingly we got killed when multiple groups came down on us

Going to be playing this again tonight, been jonesing for it. Hoping it clicks a bit more, need to work on the shooting, im enjoying the game but I feel like if I keep getting stomped my enthusiasm is bound to run out. 

I’ve not had a single kill in the various matches I’ve played. Getting constantly steamrolled kind of kills enthusiasm for it. It feels like you need to commit a fair bit of time to “get good”, and I’m not entirely sure I’m that bothered.

It’s not a bad game,but it hasn’t gripped me yet.

Played another hour,enough for me to know this isn’t for me at all. It’s not bad,I just don’t get the Battle Royale genre full stop. The rare occasions I got a gun,and actually got to use it,were fun. But that was a rare occurrence. Mostly id be picking up a pistol,only for me and my squad to be obliterated by people that actually know what they’re doing. One guy had 100 kills,and it’s barely been out a day.

It’s commendable that it’s free,but it’s not my type. So I’m out.

Does sound like the genre isn’t for you @AndyKurosaki. That tension at the beginning is all part of the fun, I see it as a gamble really.

You drop in and run around like a headless chicken trying to get a weapon of any kind and anything decent to survive well into the round. If I get killed early I just boot up a new game and I’m back parachuting in in a minute, that loop is addictive, for me at least. I haven’t won a game yet but have got a decent number of kills, had 4 in one game on the opening night.

I’ll be playing again tonight on PC.

I didn’t find it addictive at all,i find that extremely annoying. Too often I’d be killed before I’d even found a weapon. That doesn’t feel tense to me,that feels unfair. Several times I’d be in an area where there were no weapons at all,and by the time i found a pistol and a handful of bullets,a squad rocked up with machine guns/shotguns and sniper rifles and tore me apart.

That didn’t make me think “oh well,better luck next time”. It left me feeling “oh fuck off”.

It’s a genre you have to stick at to even stand a chance. And with so many other games I’d rather be playing,I’ve seen enough. 

Plenty of people like it. And I certainly wouldn’t call it a bad game. Respawn have clearly put a lot of effort into it,and I’ve no doubt it will do well for itself. I just don’t enjoy the BR genre,and never will.

I played a few more hours of this last night, had some enjoyment and it’s a very well made game. Some matches were really good fun. But I’m pretty sure this isn’t a genre for me and I’ve given this plenty of time to click now. Those fun moments were very few and far between and not worth the hours of the - IMO - mediocrity between.

I just find the looting sections of these games so boring and tedious. & that is core to this genre so not for me. Feel like too much of it based on the luck of getting the top gear too. 

I’ll still have the odd matches on it, especially when friends are on but I doubt I’ll stick at it for long. 

This is loads better than Fortnite and PUBG though. 

I'm really impressed by this. The attention to detail throughout is superb, they've thought of so many things that make playing it so much more enjoyable to play than the likes of PUBG. Things like the ping wheel, and how ammo is colour coded to the weapons. Managed to get in the top five and top three last night and had some thrilling stand offs, even managing to take out a few champions. I love the grappling hooks and balloons as well, the former make it a lot harder for people to set up camp as there's always another way of getting in somewhere, and the balloons help you traverse large sections of the map - handy when your the other side of the map and the circle starts closing in.

I think Respawn have a well deserved hit on their hands here.

Im having to stop myself from posting every hour to say something positive about the game but completely agree that the attention to detail is great. The game is clicking a lot more and im really enjoying playing as Pathfinder, his grappling hook and zipline powers make it possible to get the drop on basically anybody and also mean you can loot faster and better. Ive got it to the point where i will just zipline above players then drop midway and grapple to a place where they can get me and in general battles being able to get above enemies for the headshots is really helping, it makes me feel like a cross between Batman in Arkham Asylum, stealthing around from gargoyle to gargoyle and Spiderman in terms of mobility around the map.

The other great thing is abilities, Pathfinder's passive of being able to hack the sensor beacons is so useful too. You can basically find 5 or 6 of these antenna around the map and if you hack them with Pathfinder it tells you where the next circle will be, so you can get perfect position. It seems like at the minute nobody else is doing it and of the wins ive had thats been key to them.

I managed to win one game with a few kills and it made me champion the next game which was awesome, but then obviously people hunt you because you get extra points for killing the champion. I love the voice lines when its announced that there is a new kill leader or that somebody killed the champion etc

Theres a real undertone to landing that ive not really felt as much with other BRs, and its basically that if you see somebody going where you are going then pull up a bit, land on the opposite side of the area you are landing and give yourself that little bit more info on where they landed as well as some time to get yourself at least something and then go in as a team. This has always been something you can do in fortnite and pubg but I think with the abilities here it pays off a lot more.

I had initially been thinking this is a great game to pull in new people to the genre but after a few days thinking, I feel like the reason this game is so good and why its appealing to me a lot is actually because its a deepcut into the genre. Its almost like a next generation of BR game in that its looked so closely at what the genre has and hasnt got and its a much richer experience, I am really keen to know what Respawn's plans for expansion are at the moment. 

9 minutes ago, Sambob said:

Im having to stop myself from posting every hour to say something positive about the game but completely agree that the attention to detail is great. The game is clicking a lot more and im really enjoying playing as Pathfinder, his grappling hook and zipline powers make it possible to get the drop on basically anybody and also mean you can loot faster and better. Ive got it to the point where i will just zipline above players then drop midway and grapple to a place where they can get me and in general battles being able to get above enemies for the headshots is really helping, it makes me feel like a cross between Batman in Arkham Asylum, stealthing around from gargoyle to gargoyle and Spiderman in terms of mobility around the map.

I read last night that you can use his grapple to pull enemies towards you as well. I'm enjoying playing as the soldier character with the airstrike. Two smoke grandes in an area then chucking your airstrike beacon in so they don't see it is great.

This game is awesome. 

I threw some money at the game and grabbed the Founder's Pack to show my appreciation and also so I could unlock the two other characters without having to grind. I'm glad I did, because Mirage is now my dude. He can send out a decoy. which has fooled one or two, and his ultimate deploys a bunch of decoys whilst cloaking himself which is helpful if you need to make a quick getaway or change your position.

I've had two wins so far, and had the final kill in both of them. I've only played with randoms and so far it's been nothing but a stellar experience. I love the ping system,  such a great feature and even playing alone and no one talking, it's easy to communicate with each other and the chatter between the characters in-game really brings another level to the battle royale experience.

Couple this with Respawn's excellent feel of movement and gunplay, and it's a winner.

Anyone listen to the bombcast this week? They're asked if they think this eats in to Anthem's audience. They say no because they're different shooters and one's free while the other isn't. 

Seems a bit simplistic to me, both are multiplayer focused, and both eat time. I think there's a lot of overlap 

I think it does but only because this is quality and what I've seen personally from anthem is utter tripe, and so this being free its a no brainer for me but I like the genre and don't necessarily love the genre of Anthem, I think it will be a similar story with a lot of people. This isn't a DIRECT rival but it's a rival. 

I know I'm in the honeymoon period but this game is just the only thing I want to play at the moment, I can't get enough. Zooming around on zip wires and getting some good kills and the wins are starting to roll in now, think I got like 5 or 6 tonight nearly got three in a row. 

Going to try and take a break from it just so I don't burn out but this is as much fun as I can remember having had with a game in a long time.