passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Etrian Odyssey Nexus

Rikzilla

there was a OG forummer here called Centy who I think was the first person I knew to get on the Etrian Odyssey games, they always sounded a bit too hardcore for me at the time (may well have been). I ended up getting Etrian Odyssey Untold to review, a remake of the 1st DS game with an added story and set characters (you could play it more old school and build your own team if you wanted). My experience was the same as yours, I was initially a bit brutalised, then it clicks and it's brilliant. Not overly complicated, simple enough weakness/strength mechanic, and learning how to build a flow throughout your team, which happens more as you get deeper in to the skill tree

They're great games. I'm most of the way through 2 of them and have started Persona Q so I'll probably skip this, but I'll probably pick up the next one on whatever new platform it ends up on (presumably Switch and PS4). I will say that the gameplay loop of inching your way through a floor does start to wear a little thin, but that's rpgs I guess. Last time I went back to it I was still really enjoying it, and was able to take out most of the FOEs in the game