passwords have all been force reset. please recover password to reset ×
MFGamers

Picked up a PS Vita....

RYAN WHITELAW

I managed to pick up an OLED PS vita on Saturday for £50 with a game. Its in good condition and i was looking into getting a handheld for my commute and holiday (If you all are wondering,I had a switch, returned it a week later as it was ergonomically a mess for me and i await a revision for my big hands)

I quite fancied a few different experiences i couldnt get elsewhere and it seemed a good place to start and the catalogue interested me than the 3DS.

Just wondering what games you guys recommend? I was hoping to pick up a few cheap bargains but games are very pricey tbh. And the memory cards, fucking hell they are expensive. I have filled a 8gb one with 3 games. Also, if any of you are selling then let meknow :)

So far i have picked up:

Need for Speed Most Wanted

Virtua Tennis

EDF 2

Superbeat Xonic

Killzone Merceneries

Tearaway

Persona 4 Golden

Vegas Party

Virtues Last Reward

Super Stardust

Lumines

Killzone Mercenaries remains an absolute showpiece for the Vita, it's incredible how good that game looks on the handheld.

Tearaway is a fantastic game and makes the best use of all of the Vita's functionality, it really isn't the same on PS4 and is an experience that can't be emulated.

If you're an Uncharted fan, Golden Abyss is for me on par with the first game and well worth playing. I actually enjoyed the card game that came out too!

If you like hunting action games (Monster Hunter), check out Soul Sacrifice, Toukiden and Freedom Wars.

The Switch really is the Vita's successor as an indie machine and is an excellent way to play plenty of indies like Binding of Isaac, Guacamelee and Hotline Miami, if you haven't already played them. The catalog is surprisingly big, and it's no surprise that lots of games that were on Vita have now made their way over to Switch. For a select few I think Vita remains the superior way of playing them, like with Severed (much easier to use the touch controls on the smaller, more easily held in one hand Vita).

There are also all the HD collections that made it to Vita, and with those you should do some research. It's a great way of playing MGS2 and MGS3 portably for example, but the Jak and Daxter Trilogy is badly ported and probably one to avoid (I am a huge Jak fan and was very disappointed with the performance, considering how good the PS3 version is).

5 minutes ago, Nag said:

Start getting some PlayStation classics for on the go, the first three Resi games and Final Fantasy VIII.?

FIrst 3 Resi games are not there. Only Nemisis. (and Maybe directors cut)

i was disappointed by the amount of PS1 classics tbh

as a PS1 classic Grandia still holds up

The Odin's Sphere remake was fantastic on Vita. Ys Memories of Celceta is possibly the best game on the system, and there's a couple of rpgs I played that I liked. Lost Dimensions is a bit more modern feeling, Demon Gaze is a dungeon crawler that starts off stupidly hard but got fairly easy before I stopped

Also the Danganronpa games are great

8 minutes ago, DANGERMAN said:

as a PS1 classic Grandia still holds up

The Odin's Sphere remake was fantastic on Vita. Ys Memories of Celceta is possibly the best game on the system, and there's a couple of rpgs I played that I liked. Lost Dimensions is a bit more modern feeling, Demon Gaze is a dungeon crawler that starts off stupidly hard but got fairly easy before I stopped

Also the Danganronpa games are great

Thanks, im looking into RPG's and no clue where to start, so much Japanese stuff.

9 minutes ago, Nag said:

I've just checked the store, the second game shows for me... And they're definitely sat there right on my Vita.?

I will need to check when i get home. The first thing i checked for was the RESI games. And only seen Nemesis. 

Been reading peoples views online and so many games are missing from the store.

17 hours ago, Nag said:

The Director's Cut and the second game may not have Vita listed next to them but they work.

The second game is nowhere to be found. Seriously. Not on the webstore or the actual vita psn store.

I m currently playing Persona 4 Golden after many outlets claim its the best game on the system. An hour in im thinking "what the fuck is this shite?"

@RYAN WHITELAW if you're interested in emulation and looking to save money on memory cards by using Micro SD ones instead,  then follow this guide below. Used it myself for my PS Vita and PS TV.

Totally opens the system up to however you want it for. 

https://vita.hacks.guide/

Edit: If anyone needs any help with it,  just ask.

17 minutes ago, RikSP said:

IIRC Persona 4 takes about 4 hours to get going properly, which sounds a lot but the game’s 100 hours long so it’s not too bad. 

Also Resident Evil 2 is definitely there.

F5E02FC4-65D8-4ECE-A8FD-C4A32DB98859.png

Why the hell can i not see it? lol

Edit - Ah i see why now.....read the description. Its not available on vita.

1 hour ago, Bigkopman said:

@RYAN WHITELAW if you're interested in emulation and looking to save money on memory cards by using Micro SD ones instead,  then follow this guide below. Used it myself for my PS Vita and PS TV.

Totally opens the system up to however you want it for. 

https://vita.hacks.guide/

Edit: If anyone needs any help with it,  just ask.

That this weekends little project sorted.