Sign in to follow this  
Whiskey_chaser

Viscera Cleanup Detail

I've been meaning to check this game out for ages and finally had a chance to play it online with a mate last night. The premise is you're a clean up crew sent in after the events of your typical first person shooter. Armed with a mop and a variety of tools you have to go in, clean up the bodies and mop the place up.

The twist comes in all the physics based sillyness. We played a level set in a space station with a switch that turned gravity on and off. It's just that we didn't realise the switch did that and suddenly there are hundreds of body parts bouncing around, splattering blood everywhere, which then gets stood in and suddenly there are bloody footprints everywhere. It's got a real dark sense of humour to it as well. My wife gave me one of 'those' looks when she saw me laughing at my friends attempts to stuff a rag-doll cadaver into an incinerator, innards flying everywhere.

Despite leaving the place immaculate, we got demoted. Turns out jettisoning rubbish into space is frowned upon and we should have used the incinerator on the ceiling more.

Can't remember the last time i've laughed so much at a game. 

2 hours ago, AndyKurosaki said:

I’ve watched both SovietWomble,and Ben ‘Yahtzee’ Croshaw play this. Hilarity ensued. It does look pretty fun.

The weirdest thing was the sense of pride we had when we went back through the level and seeing how clean it was.