Sign in to follow this  
one-armed dwarf

Kingdom Hearts III

I like how while being full of cringe Kingdom Hearts still manages to sell something as "cool" when on paper it sounds like some lame bullshit

Like (Endgame spoilers)

Spoiler

(These spoiler tags are a bit dodge, sometimes the spoilers just pop in for a split second)

bw833w2sfhe21.jpg

And Donald Duck using the full fucking 100% of his power level

1549626033780s.jpg

Even Bahamut in FFXIV when destroying the entire world only used Tera Flare.

I’ve been playing this quite a lot post completion. I think I’m 50 hours in, Level 60 and I’ve just crafted the Ultima Blade. What a mission that was but it’s something I wanted to do.

so, the Ultima Blade is something that has to be synthesised so it needs a recipe. Just to get the recipe you need 58 unique ingredients in your Materials list, which took a bit of hunting down. Then it’s on to the actual making...

The hardest ingredient to get once you have the recipe is the material called Orichalcum+. And you need 7. Two are in chests around the world (one in The Final World and one in The Caribbean). You get one piece as a reward for getting 80/90 of the Lucky Emblems photographed and that takes a while. For one piece you need to find and complete all the Flantastic Seven missions around the world but they must be completed to an ‘Excellent’ standard. Then it’s off to Frozen world to find 10 unique treasures in the sliding mini game, the 10th one giving you one piece. You get your 6th Orichalcum as a random prize from posting Moogle postcards, themselves random rewards from purchasing items at the Moogle Shop. Finally, your last piece is obtained by defeating a series of bosses in your Gummi Ship in The Eclipse, the last being a boss of bosses and a 15 minute battle.

After that mammoth quest is done, you combine your 7 Orichalcum+ with 2 Wellspring Gems, 2 Pulsing Crystals and 2 Lucid Crystals and you’ve got yourself a fucking kick ass blade.

Doing this mission has actually made me like the game so much more. As a world to explore without being bogged down by story stuff it’s amazing.

I was really tempted to go back through each world and do all the emblems, photo missions and treasures to possibly got for the Platinum but I looked at the trophy list and bailed on that idea. It is really cool going round just exploring each world, completely agree with that.

I’m at 43 hours played now.

I finished San Fransokyo. It was a really cool world with a story that expands on the original film perfectly. Like others have said it’s a bit short though.

Just going around the city, exploring all the nooks and crannies, climbing up tall buildings and looking out at all the amazing vistas was really nice.

After San Fransokyo the story really ramped up and we move onto spoilery stuff 

Spoiler

The whole arc getting Aqua and Ventus back was very well done. I did feel myself tearing up a bit when Aqua  realises she’s back in the realm of light and hugs all the rest of the gang. I guess it did feel a bit rushed after all this time hunting for them you have them back within a few 45 minute cutscenes but it was still a nice moment and a great payoff.

Then all the shenanigans in the Keyblade graveyard was bonkers. That battle with all the heartless was like something out of LOTR, felt so damn epic! 

It it is quite funny what happens after is almost exactly the same as what happens at the end of Act 1 in DQXI though 😂 

Then that really weird section that feels like you’re in the Animus in AC afterwards collecting all the Sora’s, I was like WTF?! 

But yeah the the stakes are high now, could feel the ol’ adrenaline pumping at what I thought were the final fights on the Graveyard. Excited to see where the game takes me next.

For those who have finished it, how much longer do I have left?

Some pics:

Spoiler

D16EB691-64A1-4F62-AD49-16D6B25757BC.jpeg

49AABE2F-AEEF-4B31-B49D-E5C6A0EC3CC0.jpeg

5E9137AB-FC80-4CB5-8586-48D1F2BF5C90.jpeg6C914FED-B71D-4935-9E01-DE247F5C8D26.jpeg

I did @one-armed dwarf

My mind boggled 

Spoiler

seeing Riku in Verum Rex and Sora at Shibuya crossing. It was bloody bananas. I want Verum Rex to be a real game/world so bad. Folks are saying the Shibuya Crossing place is TWEWY but who knows.

Definitely felt very Versus XIII as you say, I thought the entire final world and phases of the last boss battle were very FFXV/Versus XIIIy as well including the music.

Spoiler

Dream Drop Distance had a lot of TWEWY characters in it.

tumblr_inline_ns6v9uo4ZW1tqdw7q_1280.png

The ending and Verum Rex stuff feels like a statement. That Nomura isn't letting his dream project go just yet. Even if he has to make it with Sora instead and knockoffs of Versus XIII characters.

Also a second fuk u to square for not letting him make TWEWY 2

That could be overthinking it but the choices of visuals and music are too close to be an accident imo.

DLC coming apparently. 

https://uk.ign.com/articles/2019/02/27/kingdom-hearts-3-director-confirms-dlc-in-the-works

Director Tetsuya Nomura has confirmed that both free and paid DLC is in the works for Kingdom Hearts 3.

In an interview with Japanese publication Dengeki Online (via Google Translate), Nomura revealed that free DLC would likely come to the game as incremental updates as they are completed, and paid DLC would be larger, and possibly grouped together to be released before the end of 2019. One such free update may include a Critical Mode difficulty level.

Paid DLC would likely expand the story, potentially filling in details on characters that perhaps weren’t fully explored in the main game.

For example, when asked about the character Xion’s revival, Nomura said it could be described in future DLC

After finishing AC I finally installed and started this yesterday. 5 hours or so I played it, and an hour and a half or so was spent watching cinematics. From the recap to all the stuff in Olympus, then the fucking 20 minutes while I was bursting for a wee in Twilight Town (yes, I could have paused it, but I was planning on saving and switching off at that point...)

It's all just so story heavy. Great fun though!