Nag

Resident Evil 2

I've died enough times now that it offers me to switch to the easy mode. I'm resisting at the moment but I'm stuck in a tricky position trying to stay away from Mr X.

I'm definitely going for assisted. I can't enjoy these games otherwise. They're too scary.

Having said that. I wouldn't play Resi 4 on easy. But that's a masterpiece.

I’ve not found Standard too bad yet. Dodging Mr X in the Police Station took some practice,but other than shooting his hat off for the trophy, I didn’t fire another shot at him.

31 minutes ago, bellow said:

But that's a masterpiece.

This is better...😊

Foolish child. There are only 2 games better than Resi 4, as you can see from my list in the top 10 games thread. (Page 5)

This is a Resident Evil game... It wins by default.👍

Fuck off Mr!! So what what I shot your hat off. 

LEAVE ME ALONE! 

😂😥

Currently got the dick patrolling around where a Licker is planted right in front of the door I want 🤔 hmmmm. Rock and a hard place. Not died yet. I refuse it to be now 😖😬

No it isn't.

30 minutes ago, wiivo 2.0 said:

How does this compare to 4 gameplay wise? Is it tank or not?

It’s like 4 but with less focus on shooting and more on puzzle solving and backtracking.

What @Hendo said. It's like 4 and 2 had a baby. 

For me it's as close as it's got for Resi Nirvana. I'm going purposefully slow in this savouring every minute. I've been leading Mr X round, just smiling at his gormy face for the fun of it. 

Is there any good way of dealing with Mr X?

Like, can you completely lose him? I’m in a similar (might even be the exact same) situation mentioned above where I need to get into a room now I can open the stuff inside but there’s a licker outside and Mr X is always about.

Don't believe so. In the old game there were tricks involving saving to make him bugger off but not so here - it's been tried 😂

You can stun him with flash grenade or a few shots in his face so he takes a knee - then skooch by. Most of the time though you can get by him as he's kinda slow. 

If you're at that bit hang around in the safe (save) room around the corner. He'll wander off a bit and the Licker should move too. I got in there and ran off upstairs after, to the Stars room. 

I've died to him once as I tried being too cocky 🙄😅 that's my deadless run over 😔

Mr X chasing me in the Police Station is one of the most tense sections in anything I’ve ever played. He’s apparently a bit slower in Assisted mode. 

I never felt felt the need to shoot him,as all that does is temporarily stun him. I’d cleared out most of the station before he showed up,so I just kept legging it when he appeared. Solving the puzzle in the Library consisted of me running to one of the stacks,moving it,hearing his footsteps get louder. Then running past him back to the main hall, looping round,and repeating the process. While going “fuck off fuck off fuck off”.

Fun times.

I kept going up the ladders and around in the Library itself. He's not so fast up those things 😂 actually lost him in the library 😂😂 I think he got tired of climbing ladders n fucked off for a rest. 

3 minutes ago, ThreeFour said:

I kept going up the ladders and around in the Library itself. He's not so fast up those things 😂 actually lost him in the library 😂😂 I think he got tired of climbing ladders n fucked off for a rest. 

The written word is his only weakness!

You’re up early @ThreeFour

I'm making very slow progress mainly because I'm just constantly shitting myself, there's a reason why I don't play many survival horror games 😂

The atmosphere generated by the game is unbelievable, last night in the dark with the surround cranked up was just something I'm not experienced for a while.

I am loving it in a strange way, will definitely be plowing on through today.

@ThreeFour It's like when I played Silent Hill 2 all those years ago, that one I'd only play when my mate was round & he'd sit there watching 😂