Nag

Resident Evil 2

That's it, finally.

Don't know  how you guys were bringing in those 5 hour runs. It took me over 18 hours to get thru both scenarios! And my saves were close to 3 figures.

What a game, though. Really enjoyed the atmosphere and gore. Loved Leon's arsenal, and the way you got to put down that nasty final boss. Can't wait for Christmas, so I can have it all over again as my festive horror game (like I did this year with Resi revelations.)

My only criticism was the the 

Spoiler

use of narratively jarring contradictions in the weave of the two scenarios, like having to do the same puzzles and bosses.

I'm sure they could have ironed that out with just a bit of thought.

Still, excellent.

A & B scenarios were very different in Original RE 2. Perhaps they just tried to put too much into 'A' , instead of evening out their ideas between the two. The idea being not everyone will play both, so showoff the default campaign as much as possible?

Probably helps in keeping things canon, either of these stories could be considered that.

Whatever the question is it's cause of some virus probably

Here's a thing. Why is it that Birkin gives Wesker in RE1 this virus that turns him superhuman but keeping his intelligence and he keeps the useless, mindless flesh mutant G rubbish for himself?

What is wrong with Umbrella, they fucking had it made with that shit Wesker got given. Job done, no more stupid virus research and zombo problems.

Why am I expecting more out of the plot of a Resident Evil game?

Yeah, it's game logic... Not worth going deeper than that.

12 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Whatever the question is it's cause of some virus probably

Here's a thing. Why is it that Birkin gives Wesker in RE1 this virus that turns him superhuman but keeping his intelligence and he keeps the useless, mindless flesh mutant G rubbish for himself?

What is wrong with Umbrella, they fucking had it made with that shit Wesker got given. Job done, no more stupid virus research and zombo problems.

Why am I expecting more out of the plot of a Resident Evil game?

Wesker needs to keep taking it though. That was a plot point in RE 5.

As far as I recall, T-Virus turns humans into Zombies and then into Crimson Heads. G-Virus turns humans into Zombies and then into Lickers. Take too much 'G' while being virtually dead, you eventually end up as a Monster Vagina. I forget if Tyrant and Nemesis were designer monsters or started as an experimented on guy. The real head scratcher is when they use these viruses on other animals... 

11 minutes ago, OCH said:

G-Virus turns humans into Zombies 

Wrong.

27 minutes ago, Nag said:

Wrong.

SZQ4.gif

After a little fact checking. Correct! Memory, eh? T-Virus turns humans into Zombies and eventually Crimson Heads. G-Virus turns Zombies into Lickers. Taking all the various things these viruses create though, the Hunter is probably the best/most reliable thing they have produced in the entire series. Obedient yet lethal. More or less everything else just goes mad after a while.

8 minutes ago, OCH said:

Memory, eh?

Yeah, you should definitely get yours checked.😉

6 minutes ago, Nag said:

Yeah, you should definitely get yours checked.😉

I know mine is bad, a Fugue state will do that to you 😄

IMG_a71307dc-2027-4166-9545-373d3184f176.png

Hardcore run complete, I enjoyed that... Definitely brings back the vibe of the PlayStation originals knowing you will lose progress if you die, which actually happened when the Lickers decided to gangbang me outside of the coldroom. Surprised me how easily Birkin stage 3 and the Super Tyrant went down though.

Decided I'm going to switch up before doing Claire's Hardcore run so I'll be going for not using any health items and not opening an item box in one run, I'd like to tie it to the 14,000 steps one but I think they'll be a lot of toing and froing due to a lack of inventory space... We'll see.

Took me a fair while and a few pauses in between, but finished as Leon for the first time.

Got a C rank, 11 hours and 37 saves.

Now to play as Claire but to see from her perspective rather than her do the same things as Leon, I choose New Game (2nd run), @Nag?

Yeah, that's right @Hendo... although I will say this, don't expect a radically different game in terms of what you'll be doing. You'll be repeating some of the same story elements as Leon and it doesn't really make sense why you are.

My achievement run is going pretty well up until now, I've made it to the labs as Claire still in green health and with no item boxes opened... I have around 3,200 steps left so I think I may be out of luck with that one.

Yeah I’ve noticed so far that although it has zipped forward the story quite a bit and some stuff Leon has already done, other things don’t quite make sense. Like, in order for Leon to leave a message in the police room, he would’ve had to use the turn handle, which is missing and Claire has to do the same thing.