Nag

Resident Evil 2

11 minutes ago, Blakey said:

Am I mad to start this on Hardcore?

If you've never finished an old skool Resi, yes.

I would say the only one harder than this on hardcore is the "arrange" mode of the directors cut of RE1, but hardcore re2 is harder than any of the other games and expects you to have already got a good mental geography of the station and knowledge of how to deal with threats. Or it just expects you to be very good at Resi, like Maximillian Dood who went straight into HC

I beat hardcore mode with Leon. 16 saves but there are 25 ink ribbons. The scarcity early on made me use less than I would normally use but it seems you can get by with that.

Spoiler

My eyeball dragon loadout. Burst Mathilda for popping shoulder and back eyeballs, flamethrower for melting chest eyeballs. Magnum to finish the job in the last phase.

DyrdBKwWsAA7YoS?format=jpg&name=large

Spoiler

Leon's last boss confuses me. I'm not sure if you even need to damage it or if you can just wait.

I think Claire's campaign is better in every category.

Anyway into Claire B hardcore. Claire gets a cool Revolver Ocelot gun in her B campaign which is ace 🤠

22 minutes ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Claire gets a cool Revolver Ocelot gun in her B campaign which is ace

Let's see if you think it's ace after you've waited twenty minutes for her to reload it.😂

And yes...

Spoiler

You can apparently beat the Tyrant without firing a shot until the Rocket Launcher drops... You may need a grenade or two to knock him out of his install kill move though.

Ah ok, maybe not hardcore to start then....cheers chaps.

Yeah that revolver soon went in the box. It's nice having an extra pistol essentially to start with, but later on there's better guns to equip. 

That Grenade launcher tho 👌🏻

If I do hardcore I'll be getting that knife first. Makes sense 🤷🏻‍♂️

After Claire's run I'll put up my impressions. Safe to say it'll be a positive round up 😍

😅 Oh yeah. Well so is saving. Gotta do it with only 2. Or none!

What about if you only use knife?

tenor (6).gif

Doesn't the infiknife save you from being chomped on? If you don't escape racoon city with a spork and a lighter then can you really call yourself a survivor?

So no Bowgun in this one? @Nag Plus how you getting on with Tofu? As I haven't seen you mention him yet...

No, no Bowgun in this one @OCH... and Tofu can bollocks put bluntly, there's no way I'm attempting that with just a knife it's not worth the stress.... Now if there was an achievement tied to to it things may have been different.😉

Look at @one-armed dwarf... He has knife envy.😂😂

I did note the knife envy, It reminded me of... 

Weird they omitted the Bowgun. That was always the default "shotgun" for the female characters and it was a pretty effective Zombie killer for the early game.

Tut, tut, tut @Nag Tofu is the ultimate achievement in RE 2. You know that...

Never played Tofu in the original game (or 4th Survivor tbf) and I'll not bother in this...

I never bothered with any of the mini games at all until Mercenaries in Resi 4.

6 minutes ago, Nag said:

Never played Tofu in the original game (or 4th Survivor tbf) and I'll not bother in this...

😲

3 hours ago, one-armed dwarf said:

Doesn't the infiknife save you from being chomped on? If you don't escape racoon city with a spork and a lighter then can you really call yourself a survivor?

So too do grenades. Tbh with the amount of things that can save you having something always there makes little difference if you don't get chomped 😎 been trying to perfect the old bait n sweep round on these Zombos. They're a bit more 'sticky' when it comes to grabbing you. The original they were dumb and slow as owt 😅

1 hour ago, OCH said:

So no Bowgun in this one? @Nag Plus how you getting on with Tofu? As I haven't seen you mention him yet...

Nope. No leaving stuff for scenario B peeps either. When you look back quite a bit is different. Which is testament to how good this remake is in feeling familiar yet new. 

Top stuff.

I don't actually use the infiknife as a self defense item unless it's a last gasp situation, as said in a previous post, you can lose the thing... I stuck it in Birkin, beat him and he fell over the railing taking the knife with him.🙄

I've also had zombies fall in a certain way with the normal knives that you can't retrieve them, I'd sooner take the hit to be honest.

To be fair though, it's getting to the point where I'm not taking hits off normal enemies, it's the bosses that kick my head in.

*note to self. Equip my flashbang on bosses.

😅 Sucks he took it with him. Funny tho. 

To me 🤣

Reloaded.... Ha beat that fucker, Birkin.🤣